Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

The fact Dane didn’t play suggests he’s a starter. Both Elam and Benford made a couple good plays and looked decent overall today. Good to see. Big upside, but early season is a huge concern.

Likely concussion protocol for Elam, hopefully precautionary. Liked his jib today!

I saw him go to the medical tent and he looked a little unsteady.  But I didn't see the collision.  Was it a bad hit?

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Siran Neal is like a ST ace at this point, guy gets like 3 people blocking him on punts

So more of a "he's a lock" than he's the starter opposite Dane, who along with Taron (the nickel, as well as Tre who is injured) didn't suit up?

Elam played well today.  But, speed saved him a few times.

He was on the receivers hip a few times, but was out of position also.  Out of position being not playing the receiver or ball correctly.  He made up for those mistakes with speed and was able to minimize his exposure.

We will see how much he’s pushed by the opposing QB once it’s real games. I fear he could get exposed right now by a really good QB/WR.  Mostly if he’s the number 1 guy.  The dude has mucho talent for sure, just needs to be aware of the situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

He was on the receivers hip a few times, but was out of position also.  Out of position being not playing the receiver or ball correctly.  He made up for those mistakes with speed and was able to minimize his exposure.

We will see how much he’s pushed by the opposing QB once it’s real games. I fear he could get exposed right now by a really good QB/WR.  Mostly if he’s the number 1 guy.  The dude has mucho talent for sure, just needs to be aware of the situation.

He needs to get more experience and it's all a part of the learning process.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

If you have a problem with this, you have a problem with most Elite CBs in the NFL throughout history 

I’m not sure what people want from him. Yes, he was a 1st round draft pick, but he played in a man press coverage system.  He has the intangibles to make it.  He just needs to learn the Bills system.  

Bews keeps coming out positively about Tre’s potential return for the Rams.  I wouldn’t doubt they place Dane on the other side for the Rams.  Elam will probably work his way into the staying role in a month or two into the system.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.