Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

Just now, whorlnut said:

Haha…I want him to be good cause he’s a bill. But it’s one play. Wow guys…

I want him to be good cause he’s a bill too. It’s one play and we’re engaging in ball busting and sarcasm on a message board. Imagine that

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Tough to trust random people on the internet but I found this story from a fan potentially concerning. The fan who wrote this has been a member of that Bills forum for 19 years, so I'm hoping he wouldn't just make this up.

"One of the beat writers was at a wedding I was at this past weekend. Not gonna say who. He 'says' that word around camp is that Elam isn’t anywhere near where the Bills had hoped in terms of starting week one or contributing." (link)

I know there have been reports that he has struggled at times, but I hadn't yet seen anything that indicates that the Bills are realizing that Elam is just not ready to contribute. Especially upsetting with reports than McDuffie has looked impressive in Chiefs camp. 

Next time don't drink so much at the wedding. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Haha…I want him to be good cause he’s a bill. But it’s one play. Wow guys…

Right, one play against a real NFL offense doesn't mean anything. Anonymous hearsay based on something heard in passing at a wedding on the other hand is a red flag.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The fact Dane didn’t play suggests he’s a starter. Both Elam and Benford made a couple good plays and looked decent overall today. Good to see. Big upside, but early season is a huge concern.

Likely concussion protocol for Elam, hopefully precautionary. Liked his jib today!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Airseven said:

The fact Dane didn’t play suggests he’s a starter. Both Elam and Benford made a couple good plays and looked decent overall today. Good to see. Big upside, but early season is a huge concern.

Likely concussion protocol for Elam, hopefully precautionary. Liked his jib today!

Yup.  But not necessarily penned-into the depth chart.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.