Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Billls were an organization bleeding information out and one of the first things Coach McD did before Beane came in as GM was tell staff that leaks would not be tolerated and be grounds for firing.  He then put some tidbits out there staged so he would know source and when he found leaks terminated staff members.  A good deal of the leaks came from locker rooms and garbage cans.  

Cool.....was not aware of this but not surprised either.

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The “somebody told me” thing is silly, but these are still facts - Elam was inconsistent in college with raw, undeveloped technique. Plenty of observers weren’t thrilled with the pick. As expected, he’s struggled early in camp. He is not, and never was, dependable as an immediate starter as a rookie.

Exactly. Too many people on this board ignore every red flag about a player the second they become a Bill. 

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

if Elam was struggling so very badly,  i think we'd see Beane trying to make moves right now.

Or…he’s comfortable going with Jackson and Benford until Tre is back. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems we still haven’t learned that this is the most tight lipped organization in the league.  This FO and coaches don’t talk.

and conversely when they DO talk it is straight talk honest takes.  McBeane don't seem to be into rote answers. I mean they wont divulge privliged information like idiots. But when I hear what they have to say in reply to questions I  dont hear a bunch of smoke or BS answers either.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Don't we have enough "concerned" fans on this board.  Do we now have to go and get some more from other boards?

Just Say NO.

Patience seemed to work out with Allen who had many posters alarmed as well..including me I must shamefully admit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Patience seemed to work out with Allen who had many posters alarmed as well..including me I must shamefully admit.

Yes, there was much concern over that pick!  LOL.

My opinion back then was something to the effect, "I don't have a dog in this fight.  I'll leave it up to Beane and McDermott".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Georgie said:

So...why share an unfounded internet rumor? The BS continues? Little  faith in unnamed sources. 

Because this isn't BuffaloBills.com, where only official news can be posted.

This is a forum where we talk about news, rumors, sources, players that we will never sign, players that we will never draft, and more. If threads were restricted to only verified news then post activity would drop by 98% and it would be a very boring place.

In my opinion the best way (and this is good advice for all forums, not just this one) to avoid topics you dont like is to ignore them and not post in them.

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 1

It looks like the original poster saw this thread, because he posted this a couple hours ago:

"I see that this thread has made the rounds to OTHER Bills boards. Look all I can tell you is this was legit. During cocktail hour. Early. Dude was not drunk that said this about Elam. And no it’s not Thad Brown."

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.