Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

Tough to trust random people on the internet but I found this story from a fan potentially concerning. The fan who wrote this has been a member of that Bills forum for 19 years, so I'm hoping he wouldn't just make this up.

"One of the beat writers was at a wedding I was at this past weekend. Not gonna say who. He 'says' that word around camp is that Elam isn’t anywhere near where the Bills had hoped in terms of starting week one or contributing." (link)

I know there have been reports that he has struggled at times, but I hadn't yet seen anything that indicates that the Bills are realizing that Elam is just not ready to contribute. Especially upsetting with reports than McDuffie has looked impressive in Chiefs camp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

Im not buying it. Elam is a man corner trying to learn how to play off coverage. Even in playing man he is going against one of the best route runners in the league. By the source logic that would mean that Levi Wallace is better than Elam at point and you can miss me with that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

After the old BBMB closed I went to Buffalo Stampede.  It was pretty bad.

I've been been to all the Bills groups and this one (TBD) is by far the best. Buffalo Range is second - loose moderation is nice sometimes.

The rest of them I dont even bother going to. 

Honestly you're going to get the news pretty fast right here on this forum.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Under this regime since 2017, the only advantage the sideline reporters have over fans is the amount of visual exposure to practice. Nothing else leaks. Sideline reporters have no additional information regarding how the Bills organization feels about the development of one of their players. Period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Under this regime since 2017, the only advantage the sideline reporters have over fans is the amount of visual exposure to practice. Nothing else leaks. Sideline reporters have no additional information regarding how the Bills organization feels about the development of one of their players. Period.

Eh, I dont know about that. Reporters with that close access to the players hear things for sure.

Sal Capaccaio has said on numerous occasions that he has information that he cant/wont release because he doesnt want to break his close ties tot he organizaiton.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.