On the eve (morn?) of the HIGHEST expectations in 30 years, a look back to the last time it was

Chandler#81

Yes, the Bills look to be absolutely loaded this year, but the entire AFC looks really strong…I don’t think the 1990s Bills ever had to compete in an AFC with anywhere near this many good teams.  The good news is the AFCE is probably the least strong of the four divisions, but this season going to be a gauntlet…

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

boy this board will explode like never before with each loss this year.   so much pre season hype.   

not me. I’m just so thankful to again have a team that other people say, oh sh1t we have to play the Bills this week.  

• Like (+1) 3

boy this board will explode like never before with each loss this year.   so much pre season hype.   

They're gonna lose games of course.  But losing to the Pittsburghs and Jacksonvilles of the league are absolutely unacceptable this year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

They're gonna lose games of course.  But losing to the Pittsburghs and Jacksonvilles of the league are absolutely unacceptable this year.

Yeah that's how I feel. It's a brutal schedule and we'll have some losses. So long as they play well in those losses I can handle it, it's not like I expect 17-0. The key is to not get into losing streaks and blow lots of teams out along the way. Hopefully the losses that do come are spread out across the season so we end up with 12 or 13 wins. 

A loss in the final regular season game with all the starters resting because home field is taken care of would be a happy loss indeed

Why not.  The team has been built brick by brick and this is year 5...Everyone knows that once Allen's contract kicks in, we will not be able to keep such a strong team together.  The Time is NOW.   And it is not a 'hope' here.....there is confidence that this team can do anything after the 125 minutes of Playoffs last year. 

I watched a bit of the clip and reminisced about the XXV party we had that day. I made a cake with a Bills helmet on it, my hair had no gray, and I couldn't care to watch Norwoods kick then...and even now it makes my stomach a bit queasy even thinking about it

Moving forward from today HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.  There are variables the Bills Can control, And there are variables under which they have none. Each game will be its own drama, own suspense, own divine theater of NFL football we all love so much. But this year the Bills are STACKED. OH MY yessss they are

NFL Season BRING IT ON. Let this year be a perfect harmony of wins, health, peaking at the right time, riding the wave mateys as long and as far as we can

LETS GO BUFFALO!~!~!~!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

AFCE may have just gotten weaker with Wilson's knee situation.

I realize that's picking nits.

Jet’s weren’t a threat anyways.  We should run away with the division, but the Dolphins could give us some trouble if things click for them.

56 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes, the Bills look to be absolutely loaded this year, but the entire AFC looks really strong…I don’t think the 1990s Bills ever had to compete in an AFC with anywhere near this many good teams.  The good news is the AFCE is probably the least strong of the four divisions, but this season going to be a gauntlet…

90’s teams KC, Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, Cleveland, Raiders & Houston were routinely in the playoffs, as were we. We lost to Cleveland, played Pittsburgh, KC and Miami twice -once at their place in a Conference Title game. Yes, it appears the AFC seems strong currently, but there’s a reason Seattle let their aging QB walk & Baltimore, Miami, Chargers, Denver & Raiders didn’t make the playoffs last season. We did, Tennessee did and KC did. (I’m not a believer in Cincy yet). Until things change, it’s who really is good, not about ‘could be’s’. 

35 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Pittsburgh beat us and was still in the playoffs. It’s little solace, but we weren’t the only team to lose to Jacksonville..

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

90’s teams KC, Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, Cleveland, Raiders & Houston were routinely in the playoffs, as were we. We lost to Cleveland, played Pittsburgh, KC and Miami twice -once at their place in a Conference Title game. Yes, it appears the AFC seems strong currently, but there’s a reason Seattle let their aging QB walk & Baltimore, Miami, Chargers, Denver & Raiders didn’t make the playoffs last season. We did, Tennessee did and KC did. (I’m not a believer in Cincy yet). Until things change, it’s who really is good, not about ‘could be’s’. 

Pittsburgh beat us and was still in the playoffs. It’s little solace, but we weren’t the only team to lose to Jacksonville..

The Bengals have a strong defense and that carried them to the Super Bowl.  they knew how to counter the KC high powered offense.  They have a great WR tandem.  Their weak link was OL and they have loaded on it in the draft and FA this year,  The Bengals will be a huge threat in the AFC Conference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.