Zack Wilson injured

HOUSE

Absolutely no reason for Allen to take a single snap in preseason.  He gains nothing.  It is 100% risk and zero reward.  I wouldn't play a single starter the entire preseason.  Makes zero sense.  What is Von Miller going to learn about pass rushing in the preseason?  

I say again, 2020 football was fine without preseason.

18 game schedule with 1 preseason game is all that is needed.  They can play all the back-ups fighting for jobs in that one game.  Almost every poster on this board can pick 45 to 50 of the 53 spots on the roster already.  Beane and McD should know the 53 by now from practice.  

It is past due to end this relic of a bygone era.  

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They probably in the Jimmy G sweepstakes now.

Nobody’s in the Jimmy G sweepstakes.  He is in the final year of his contract and this year carry’s $28M fully guaranteed.  Nobody has room for that and Jimmy would be unwise to budge.  He will collect his $ as a backup this year and get a shiny new contract next year as an FA.

I’m reading that it looks like an MCL sprain, not an ACL tear, which would mean 3-6 weeks rather than the whole season.

Still, with how difficult the first six weeks of the Jets’ schedule are, I don’t have high hopes for them being contenders. 

Edited by Logic

5 hours ago, qwksilver said:

It sucks either way but slightly more tolerable.

How is it more tolerable, exactly ?  Unless your starting qb tears it after  finishing the Super Bowl , the season result is pretty much affected the same way.  There is no way to protect against a non contact injury, I don’t care wtf game it is. 😉 Guess you would suggest/ support all starting qbs to only walk / run while on the field in regular or post season games !?   Pretty funny ! 😀. Just kidding around , but the preseason didn’t  injure Wilson.
 Plus if Allen doesn’t see the field at all , esp after last years opening Pittsburgh great game , I would bet this o will look like they never played against real competition for a couple of games.  Allen will do as told , but already stated he preferred to play some in the preseason.  It’s his job, his career, and he likes playing it knowing the risks.   If the firs team doesn’t play together at all before the first game and they lose , I am sure you would never be critical and all those predicting Super Bowl will just be quiet and never criticize Mcd for sitting them !  🤣

This is not last years NFL’ s easiest schedule and the d won’t be facing a bunch of bottom feeding qbs !  Just saying , with all the hype , I can’t see most fans being happy if they look out of sync early , drop a few against a rough schedule , and then being ok with Mcd having not allowed the first units to play any in preseason.  It’s not like the Covid Season where ALL THE TEAMS started on equal ground.  Lots of starters have already seen reps in games.  I don’t know , are the Rams not playing any starters in preseason?   😎

• Like (+1) 1

Jets fans went from Zack Wilson is the best young QB in the NFL to "Mike White is better anyhow" pretty quickly. Jets fans and Dolphins fans are in QB denial and if the Pats had anything worthwhile in Mac Jones they sure are going out of their way to screw it up by having no OC or any offensive talent to speak of. The AFC East is in shambles

the-wedding.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.