Zack Wilson injured

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty obvious any trade would include him restructuring his contract or some sore of extension to lower the cap hit.

Pretty obvious it’s not going to happen unless SF eats 70-80% of the cap hit.  At that point, why not keep him as your backup.  Why would JG restructure his contract for the final year?  He can wait a year make his $24M and pick the team he goes to in FA next year….obviously.  

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Saw this in slow motion this morning and it sure looks like an ACL on tape. The knee buckles as he cuts inside.

That's what I thought. Also there are pretty specific tests sports med and orthopedic docs can due to diagnose a probably ACL tear before an MRI. Since all the information last night was they were worried about the ACL indicates those were probably positive or inconclusive.

Anyway its all speculation until he gets his MRI.

• Like (+1) 1

Man that interception reminded of EJ Manuel. I don't know how a 2nd year QB can make a throw like that against a vanilla preseason defense and somehow turn it around. It's one thing to make an overly risky throw or underthrow a pass that gets picked. Not being able to see what's happening on the field at a basic level is unfixable IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Wasn’t LJ8 sidelined with a bone bruise last year?

Yup.  He missed 4 games and who knows how many more if it had happened earlier/they had made the playoffs (and won).  The 2 weeks timeline is fanciful, especially if he's having surgery.  I expect at least 4 weeks.

Meniscus tears are no joke. The “fix” is to go in and remove part of the meniscus. That means you have less of a meniscus and are one step closer to being bone on bone. If the meniscus removal does not go well there is constant pain. The modern approach is to try to heal the torn part of the meniscus rather than remove it. But this would mean Zach is out for the season which the Jets are not going to deal with.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

They have $3.8M in cap space with their top-51.  They would be fools to move a bunch of money around to try and accommodate Jimmy G on a 1-year rental.

We’ll it just came out.  Zack has a bone bruise and possible meniscus tear.  Sounds reasonable to get him back.  I tore meniscus I. My right knee when competing in powerlifting.  Hurts like a bastard, but correctable.

My $ is still on Cleveland.  Watson is toast this year.  They already blinked in the Watson camp negotiating 8 games and $5 mil. so he knows he’s going away for the year.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ll it just came out.  Zack has a bone bruise and possible meniscus tear.  Sounds reasonable to get him back.  I tore meniscus I. My right knee when competing in powerlifting.  Hurts like a bastard, but correctable.

My $ is still on Cleveland.  Watson is toast this year.  They already blinked in the Watson camp negotiating 8 games and $5 mil. so he knows he’s going away for the year.

Yep, he should be back.  As for Cleveland, if I'm Jimmy G and they come calling, I demand a multi-year fully guaranteed contract.

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Man that interception reminded of EJ Manuel. I don't know how a 2nd year QB can make a throw like that against a vanilla preseason defense and somehow turn it around. It's one thing to make an overly risky throw or underthrow a pass that gets picked. Not being able to see what's happening on the field at a basic level is unfixable IMO.

Lots of people seem high in Wilson but he looks lost to me. Not confident in what he sees and making very poor reads sometimes. Last night with that pic was pretty awful. I’d get yelled at for making that throw in HS

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lots of people seem high in Wilson but he looks lost to me. Not confident in what he sees and making very poor reads sometimes. Last night with that pic was pretty awful. I’d get yelled at for making that throw in HS

Shades of Peterman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.