Author Salmon Rushdie attacked at lecture in WNY

BillsFan4

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I saw this guy is extremely hated for writing some blasphemous book? Can anyone elaborate what exactly this book states that the religion hates so much? The news article I read did not elaborate. 

Apparently Khomenei (the guy who issued the initial Fatwa against Rushdie) never read the book. He just took it as an article of faith that what he was told about the book was the truth.

10 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I saw this guy is extremely hated for writing some blasphemous book? Can anyone elaborate what exactly this book states that the religion hates so much? The news article I read did not elaborate. 

Not putting you down, but from your question one can deduce that you are younger and probably not  born yet when Rushdie entered the news.  Rushdie wrote a novel about Mohammed  taking verses written by Satan  as words from Allah. Kohmeni put a fatwah against Rushdie in the late 80s offering millions to his killer. It was a novel. In Islam you can't say anything against Islam.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Punching or stabbing?  Good job AP.  

IN fairness that's how everyone was reporting it, as it wasn't particularly clear what happened....it happened fast...and then it was over.  No video.  No instant replay.

I'm sure a few people were close enough to really know what happened.

Bill Maher mentioned last night on his show that he was being STABBED and that it was going on for something like 20 seconds before "security" jumped in to stop it.

If he got stabbed over and over like punches for 20 seconds, he might be in very rough shape.

I haven't followed up on the story today.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

IN fairness that's how everyone was reporting it, as it wasn't particularly clear what happened....it happened fast...and then it was over.  No video.  No instant replay.

I'm sure a few people were close enough to really know what happened.

Bill Maher mentioned last night on his show that he was being STABBED and that it was going on for something like 20 seconds before "security" jumped in to stop it.

If he got stabbed over and over like punches for 20 seconds, he might be in very rough shape.

I haven't followed up on the story today.

Thats fair.   But I think if you're unsure what happened its probably just better to report that he was attacked, and wait for details for supposing either of those things.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.