Malik Willis is going to be a problem

bills6969

Watched him play against Syracuse twice... and i was never impressed. I kept a close eye on him cause they said he is a darkhorse for best player in the country and he was no where close to that. I think he threw for 190 and 200 in his games against us...

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

So another Lamar Jackson? or Michael Vick? or Tyrod Taylor? until these uber athletic QBs can learn to consistently pass then they're all the same. 

Tyrod Taylor and Lamar Jackson are the same.  

got it

7 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I was pretty underwhelmed by Willis, Lance and Love. Each had a highlight play (one long ball a piece I believe), but otherwise it looked uninspired.

I don't know if this is due to it just being preseason (and game one at that) or bring spoiled by Allen. Probably both, as well as the off-season being peak "highlight" season without watching all the incompletions...

You're being generous with Love.  He had 3 INTs against scrubs. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Watched him play against Syracuse twice... and i was never impressed. I kept a close eye on him cause they said he is a darkhorse for best player in the country and he was no where close to that. I think he threw for 190 and 200 in his games against us...

I watched his game last year against Cuse and thought he looked really good.  He’s big,  can move and throws on the money.  Problem is he was on Liberty and had very little talent around him.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Tyrod Taylor and Lamar Jackson are the same.  

got it

Since his first year as a full starter, LJ has gotten demonstrably less effective. We saw the same thing with Tyrod.

You can blame Roman or the WR’s but it’s still a fact. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Since his first year as a full starter, LJ has gotten demonstrably less effective. We saw the same thing with Tyrod.

You can blame Roman or the WR’s but it’s still a fact. 

Like I said…..LJ and TT are the same…..

got it

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

I watched his game last year against Cuse and thought he looked really good.  He’s big,  can move and throws on the money.  Problem is he was on Liberty and had very little talent around him.

He's 6'1" and 215#.  Not big by NFL standards at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

We’re six pages in…have we figured out whether Malik is going to be a big problem or a small problem?

That just leads us to one irrefutable conclusion, he’s going to be a medium sized problem that has a tendency to be a big problem on some days and a small problem on others.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

Edited by JDubya76

On 8/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

His footwork needs a lot of work. There’s a reason the more athletic version of Josh Allen went in the 3rd round. 

Isn't he like 6'1, is the comparison somehow Liberty vs Wyoming or  because he is raw as well and has a strong arm?

12 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

If he can learn to read defenses more quickly. He seemed to lock on to his first read, then jump to his second, then take off. 

I think he will adjust, seems like a smart guy. Yeah, next year or so, he's could very well be a big problem. 

Saw a clip of his postgame, and he seemed to acknowledge that he did that and used his legs to bail himself out and can't keep doing that. Seemed to have a pretty good mindset on the whole thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.