Malik Willis is going to be a problem

bills6969

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So another Lamar Jackson? or Michael Vick? or Tyrod Taylor? until these uber athletic QBs can learn to consistently pass then they're all the same. 

I was searching to see how Burks did. I wasn’t really that high on Burks as others but I came across this post. I remember these days. Blaming OL for the QB not making this throw. 

This is the same play. He just didn’t trust it. Looks like a 1 read and get out of there QB.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Before watching his highlight package I'm going to blindly say that unless he has a wow throw maybe we pump the breaks a little bit. The flip side of that coin had his potential push him into top 10 prospect talk pre daft so it could be there. 

Side note, are these Bills playing against a much tougher AFC compared to the 90s Bills? If Malik has it the QB list is even more challenging this side of the league.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I was searching to see how Burks did. I wasn’t really that high on Burks as others but I came across this post. I remember these days. Blaming OL for the QB not making this throw. 

This is the same play. He just didn’t trust it. Looks like a 1 read and get out of there QB.

Looks like it should have been an easy completion. Burks was wide open when Willis plants his foot on his drop.

After his drop, he had another second to look around, but his head never moved. Burks and both check-downs were wide open.  Thats 3 out of 5 that were easy completions.

He had more than 4 seconds in a clean pocket, even more since he could just stepped up.

I was actually surprised that this thread existed, because just watching the game highlights on NFL.com, I thought Willis looked awful, outside of his TD run.

• Like (+1) 1

Willis is obviously very athletic. He will make plays in the NFL. He can have all the physical ability but he’s never had to read a defence in his life. If he doesn’t have the mental ability/discipline or can’t develop it he won’t be more than a bit player and maybe a turnover machine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.