What the 87,000 new IRS Agents are for......

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so instead of 97% it’ll be 99%? 

Equity won’t be achieved until every white and Asian person is in club fed for tax evasion. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LeviF said:

Equity won’t be achieved until every white and Asian person is in club fed for tax evasion. 

I want to see that data. 

I’d bet my tax obligation in 2023 (sizable for me anyway) that the white and Asian HH audited make up a far greater percentage of total HH audited as compared to population make up. By a lot lot lot. 

if not, I’ll buy systemic racism flat out

On 8/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, aristocrat said:

it makes one think about if the author was being intendedly disingenuous. or just ignorant of the entire topic, or topics.

9 hours ago, LeviF said:

Friendly reminder for the republicans that constantly forget

Mother Effer. I dont know what box to choose anymore.

what if one has asian, and white?  

is their a percentage rule or something?

Im about to get double audited.

• 2 weeks later...

Biden Laughs About IRS Going After Americans, as Yellen Gives Away His Huge Lie

Joe Biden just can’t stop lying about his policies that have crushed the American people.

How long has he been telling us that he only wants to go after the “rich” people with his phalanx of thousands of new IRS agents? A long time it seems. Anyone who knows Joe Biden knows what malarkey his claim truly is and we’ve pointed out some of the lies surrounding this claim in the past.

But Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen finally admitted under grilling on Friday by Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE), the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Trade Subcommittee, that 90 percent of the new audits were going to be on families and small businesses — lower and middle-income people making under $400,000, and not on “billionaires and tax cheats,” as Joe Biden has claimed.

Ah, no increase. That’s good, right? Then it’s not targeting us poor schnooks (even though it’s still wrongly targeting people for making more). Not quite. Read on, there’s a problem there.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) has said that the majority of IRS audits fall on people/businesses below $400,000.

So Smith asked what are they talking about when they’re talking about “will not see an increase” — did she mean the total number of new IRS audits or a proportionate number based on historic levels?

“I’m talking about the proportion of those small businesses and families,” Yellen responded.

“Okay. So the proportion, I mean, just for the record, the proportion is 90%,” said Smith, referencing the GAO report. “So 90% of the new audits will be, you know, according to the data, that we can expect up to 90% of new audits to be on those making less than $400,000.”

Oh, so they were playing word games with us. They’re still going to have 90 percent of the new audits falling on us. What weasels. Not that we didn’t know that Joe was lying, but they are such slimy liars, particularly playing these word games.

Meanwhile, let’s listen to Joe Biden chuckle as he talks about who the IRS agents are going to be going after.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/03/11/biden-laughs-about-irs-going-after-americans-as-yellen-gives-away-his-huge-lie-n714876

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, B-Man said:

IRS introduces new service industry tip reporting program

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-introduces-new-service-industry-tip-reporting-program

I think everyone (well, everyone except those who work for tips) hates the Tipping Economy. Tips solicited and given for all kinds of things that were just ordinary service, like orders at counter-service restaurants. 
I imagine that credit card tips must be accounted for and tax withheld on distribution. But what about all those valets and bellhops who still get cash tips? Why wouldn’t we want them to disclose the value and pay tax on it?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think everyone (well, everyone except those who work for tips) hates the Tipping Economy. Tips solicited and given for all kinds of things that were just ordinary service, like orders at counter-service restaurants. 
I imagine that credit card tips must be accounted for and tax withheld on distribution. But what about all those valets and bellhops who still get cash tips? Why wouldn’t we want them to disclose the value and pay tax on it?

At or close to (and sometimes below) minimum wages?  I don't really care.

As usual when the media “debunks” claims from Republicans their sources are often claims from Democrats. The DNC-run media is so predictable.

In October 2022, conveniently a month before the midterm elections, this was CBS News’ “fact-check” on GOP claims that the expanded IRS won’t just be scrutinizing the wealthy:

Are the claims true?

No, the claims are outdated and misleading.

While the IRS will be getting $80 billion from the Inflation Reduction Act passed in August, the IRS has not yet released a plan for the money. In August, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen sent a memo to IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig directing the agency to deliver a plan within six months on how the funding will be used over the next decade. Yellen also had another directive for the agency regarding new personnel and which Americans shouldn’t see more audits.

“Any additional resources—including any new personnel or auditors that are hired—shall not be used to increase the share of small business or households below the $400,000 threshold that are audited relative to historical levels,” she wrote in a letter. In a separate letter to the Senate, Rettig, a Trump appointee, also stated the resources are “absolutely not about increasing audit scrutiny on small businesses or middle-income Americans.”

And of course now we have the chaser from yesterday:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/13/compare-cbs-news-2022-fact-check-of-gop-claims-about-expanded-irs-to-their-new-story/

• Like (+1) 2

My doctor was telling me that he has patients that wont come to appointments because they got 10-99c this year for the hospital debt reduction that goes by income and many use to lower their DR bills

Hopefully that does not become a trend.  I doubt anyone making 400K a year is qualifying for any debt relief.

Edited by Chris farley

On 4/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, B-Man said:

As usual when the media “debunks” claims from Republicans their sources are often claims from Democrats. The DNC-run media is so predictable.

In October 2022, conveniently a month before the midterm elections, this was CBS News’ “fact-check” on GOP claims that the expanded IRS won’t just be scrutinizing the wealthy:

Are the claims true?

No, the claims are outdated and misleading.

While the IRS will be getting $80 billion from the Inflation Reduction Act passed in August, the IRS has not yet released a plan for the money. In August, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen sent a memo to IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig directing the agency to deliver a plan within six months on how the funding will be used over the next decade. Yellen also had another directive for the agency regarding new personnel and which Americans shouldn’t see more audits.

“Any additional resources—including any new personnel or auditors that are hired—shall not be used to increase the share of small business or households below the $400,000 threshold that are audited relative to historical levels,” she wrote in a letter. In a separate letter to the Senate, Rettig, a Trump appointee, also stated the resources are “absolutely not about increasing audit scrutiny on small businesses or middle-income Americans.”

And of course now we have the chaser from yesterday:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/13/compare-cbs-news-2022-fact-check-of-gop-claims-about-expanded-irs-to-their-new-story/

How’s everyone’s taxes going?  

It all hit you yet what a disaster this is?  

I have Biden voting friends complaining to me like they’re shocked … and mad.  

I tell them this is ALL Covid fallout and a Democrat party that doesn’t give 2 ***ts about working class American citizens (illegals sure absolutely, not American citizens) - but since it was stuff I told them would happen in April of 2020 they want to keep their head in the sand.   

They especially know it’s bad because when we told them during the Gay Marriage SCOTUS Ruling this had far bigger ramifications then they know - and they told us “no it doesn’t” - yea they see that now to and rather admit it they are at the point they’re defending 87 genders and if 8 year olds want to transition and then come back to school 20 years later as drag queens for story hour that is perfectly fine.  

Libs.  Ruining everything they touch since the Founding.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Internal Revenue Service. Despite Republican howling, additional funds for the IRS mean the government collects more of what people owe and thereby reduces the amount we have to borrow or tax others. It also helps ordinary taxpayers. Former car czar Steven Rattner observed recently, “Since the passage of the IRA, the agency has hired more than 5,000 new customer service agents. Consequently, response rates to taxpayer increases have improved dramatically. During the last tax season, just 15% of customer calls were answered with live support; this year, the figure shot up to nearly 90%.” Moreover, “the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the additional funding will result in an extra $177 billion of tax collections between now and 2031, reducing the budget deficit over that period by roughly $100 billion.” That is a smart use of taxpayer money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/05/05/may-5-travel-newsletter/

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The Internal Revenue Service. Despite Republican howling, additional funds for the IRS mean the government collects more of what people owe and thereby reduces the amount we have to borrow or tax others. It also helps ordinary taxpayers. Former car czar Steven Rattner observed recently, “Since the passage of the IRA, the agency has hired more than 5,000 new customer service agents. Consequently, response rates to taxpayer increases have improved dramatically. During the last tax season, just 15% of customer calls were answered with live support; this year, the figure shot up to nearly 90%.” Moreover, “the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the additional funding will result in an extra $177 billion of tax collections between now and 2031, reducing the budget deficit over that period by roughly $100 billion.” That is a smart use of taxpayer money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/05/05/may-5-travel-newsletter/

you went full federal reserve argument.  Another argument to catch all taxes, is Digital currency.  all sounds like a great Idea.  SMH

its all fun and games till they find your unreported side hustle.  

"Estimates vary widely, but some put the underground economy at 11% to 12% of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP). In the third quarter of 2022, U.S. GDP was estimated at $25.7 trillion, which puts the underground economy at more than $2.8 trillion"

me thinks that 2.8T is the actual goal.  and how much of that you think is things like your only fans, or more organized groups like the ones running the border and most cities?

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/032916/how-big-underground-economy-america.asp

Edited by Chris farley