Trump stole top secret nuclear docs - greatest security risk in US history - MORE TAPES!!!

40 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post. 

There’s a discussion to be had about what the law should be, but I’m only taking about what the law actually is. 

I acknowledged that 247,513 words ago.  I am talking about the public perception of impropriety, and there’s plenty here to consider.  

You’re right that I would disagree with your categorization of Cannon’s special master order. Her court didn’t have jurisdiction and a special master wasn’t warranted here. We know this because, on appeal, the 11th Circuit asked for any cases supporting her decision and Trump’s lawyers couldn’t find a single one.

“Wasn’t warranted” because the DOJ controls the game, because the argument goes if you can beat the government in court, there’s no harm, no foul.  You’ve mentioned it here several times, and it’s a significant part of why people don’t automatically rally behind this sort of thing.  

As to Garland’s actions, it’s helpful to remember the entire history of this saga:

- Trump illegally possessed government documents

- The government asked him to return them

- Trump refused

- The government spent something like 8 months negotiating the return of the documents

- Trump returned boxes of documents and stated that all of the documents had been returned

- The government is informed that Trump still has some of the documents despite claiming they had all been returned

- The government obtains and executed a search warrant at Mar A Lago

Given that fact pattern, I’m not sure there’s any alternative to a search warrant at that stage. It’s clear that they could not trust him to turn over the documents under his own volition.

That is the case the government has made, but statements made and allegations brought are often self-serving and duplicitous. Again, everyone knows this, and it’s why people aren’t incarcerated upon decree…at least for now. 

As for what choices they had, there are always choices before an armed raid.  The statist favors the seizure, the artist favors compromise.  

However, once the decision to lay siege is made, it’s reasonable to assume it be done professionally and correctly. 

As I stated, the only difference that Trump makes here is that he’s currently not in handcuffs like you or I would be under the same fact pattern.

If the DoJ declines to indict him, he gets his stuff back. If the do indict him, he gets to challenge every piece of evidence to keep it out of the trial. Until then, we just play the waiting game.

You keep saying this like it’s the best thing going.  Every stakeholder on the DOJ side is paid handsomely to participate in this probe.  It’s not a net benefit to the target of the probe to suggest that if he prefers, he can spend millions of dollars to fight the system that supports the system.  

How about they apply some modicum of professionalism and take only what they are entitled to? 

This is almost entirely wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Keep citing those laws Goose. You’ll get him yet. 👍

Not sure they will. They have plenty enough to indict, but Garland has passed on previous opportunities to indict Trump for other crimes in the past. 

So while this is about as strong a case as any prosecutor could hope for, it’s not a sure thing that an indictment (not to mention an actual conviction) is actually going to come. 

45 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Not sure they will. They have plenty enough to indict, but Garland has passed on previous opportunities to indict Trump for other crimes in the past. 

So while this is about as strong a case as any prosecutor could hope for, it’s not a sure thing that an indictment (not to mention an actual conviction) is actually going to come. 

We’ll see. I still think it’s absolutely ridiculous. I know you disagree…and that’s okay too. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly! Everyone knows the proper thing to do is store the folders AND the papers in your home garage. 

Yea - no place is perfect precious when it comes to classified documents but storing them then a pedo motel with a revolving door of trailer trash and Chinese nationals is just oh so much better.

Idiots 

15 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

They were in boxes. Don’t forget the boxes!

With "Top Secret Please Do Not Look" written on the cover with a sharpie!  Don't worry.  We've got special counsel Robert Hur on the job.  A guy that worked on the Russia Hoax with Mueller.  I'm sure he's give the job his all.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea - no place is perfect precious when it comes to classified documents but storing them then a pedo motel with a revolving door of trailer trash and Chinese nationals is just oh so much better.

Idiots 

can you let us know who visited joes mansion? His guests and hunters please. I’ll hang up and listen 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can you let us know who visited joes mansion? His guests and hunters please. I’ll hang up and listen 

The mansion that for some reason  costs in excess of $49,000 per month to rent? That one? It must offer one heck of a breakfast buffet! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The mansion that for some reason  costs in excess of $49,000 per month to rent? That one? It must offer one heck of a breakfast buffet! 

49K!  Yikes.  If I was a suspicious and thorough criminal investigator following every lead  I'd wonder if that was some kind of money laundering payment from the Biden influence peddling operation documented by the contents of the laptop and fronted by Hunter to his dad?  But sadly, I'm merely a crazed conspiracy theorist looking to discredit an "honest politician".  Two words that should never be used together.  I should also apologize to any self-proclaimed progressive types as humor, in particular, satire, is both undesirable and dangerous to them.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Sure - why would we hide that?

We aren’t talking about the Trump WH.

You freaks just don’t get it - we do NOT idolize our politicians like you do your Masters. 

No body is above the law.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1