Trump stole top secret nuclear docs - greatest security risk in US history - MORE TAPES!!!

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The docs were secret for a reason, that's not speculation. Not many reasons for him to have stolen them, none of them legal 

When will you guys learn that after you didn't give a ***** about Hilly's emails, we were never going to care about this stuff?  So unless you can prove the information was used for nefarious purposes, stow it.

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Hoax.  

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

When will you guys learn that after you didn't give a ***** about Hilly's emails, we were never going to care about this stuff?  So unless you can prove the information was used for nefarious purposes, stow it.

I’m sorry you don’t care about our national security.  Actually, I’m not.  I think it’s disgusting.  But we have a legal process for this, and it will sort this mess out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Yep, this is my completely justified default position. Hoax after hoax after hoax....

Why would anyone believe outlets that have repeatedly lied via leaks?

Funny, it seems that the leaks so far have proved to be true:

- the search was for classified docs. TRUE. 

- prior friendly requests, and then a subpoena were met with a refusal to return all classified documents (despite an attorney certification to the contrary). TRUE. 

- some documents were at the highest level of classified. TRUE. 

Do you want to make a friendly wager as to whether some documents involved nuclear weapons/nuclear assessments? So far the so-called leaks (much of it not a leak at all but info mentioned in the return on the warrant) are batting 1.000 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Why do they keep leaking this stuff? It's national security right?  This is dangeroud right?

I don’t see anything leaked that was national security information. The latest leak is that Trump had some type of nuclear capabilities assessment re: a foreign country or countries. It is no secret that the defense intel community is charged with making such assessments. If someone (including the Trump team) were to leak the contents of that report, then it’s a different story. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

None of those emails were classified, Comey investigated right before the election, what more do you want. That investigation helped Trump win. 

Time for Trump in the barrel 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

They "know" what was found.

They "know" that he's guilty.

Again.

Clown show.

I am still not confident that they found "nothing" but if it does not come out before November 1st I will say with confidence that Trump is safe from prosecution.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am still not confident that they found "nothing" but if it does not come out before November 1st I will say with confidence that Trump is safe from prosecution.

I think it's an absolute certainty that Trump will be indicted before the mid terms. They've crapped on the constitution and almost 250 years of precedent already.  Why stop now?

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m sorry you don’t care about our national security.  Actually, I’m not.  I think it’s disgusting.  But we have a legal process for this, and it will sort this mess out. 

Hoax.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

None of those emails were classified, Comey investigated right before the election, what more do you want. That investigation helped Trump win. 

Time for Trump in the barrel 

Hoax.

7 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

They "know" what was found.

They "know" that he's guilty.

Again.

Clown show.

I'm not a "liberal," but I'll play one on this forum.

Why does Trump need to be charged? (Not necessarily "go to prison," but be charged):

The only defense I see would be the "I was careless about what I did with classified documents. I may have left them where they could be packed up and shipped -- relatively securely (albeit not in the manner classified docs need to be moved around) -- to Mar-a-Lago. Maybe it was my fault that it was done in a mad dash given that I was kind sorta hoping never to have to move out of the White House, but there was certainly no criminal intent."  That's pretty close to why Comey says Hillary wasn't charged. Remember the old debate about "reckless disregard" vs. "carelessness" vs. many other near synonyms? That's the defense. So far his people aren't making that defense in public statements, and maybe that there will be some evidence that he hand-picked the documents he took to his house/hotel and played around with them once they were there. On that part, we'll see.

There isn't much to the elements of the basic offenses here. If it's mishandling of classified documents, well, that happened. The "I had a blanket order declassifying everything I took" isn't likely to work, but I guess they'd need to try it. The obstruction thing is a little harder to prove - you'd need to prove intent - but again, that would have to amount to "I'm a bumbling old fool and I didn't know what I had or didn't have at Mar a Lago." Not a good luck for an aspiring president.