Jump to content

Cannabis consumption on track to overtake alcohol


PromoTheRobot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Interesting study: "Pain & The Mary Jane."  The ones on it have worse pain after surgery and require more opioids.  The numbers aren't major but they are there.

 

Makes sense I suppose. A crutch needs a crutch. Body looking to mask the pain with something like it's used to... Just need more drugs to manage the pain.

 

https://neurosciencenews.com/pain-cannabis-surgery-21701/

 

“...Our study shows that adults who use cannabis are having more — not less — postoperative pain. Consequently, they have higher opioid consumption after surgery.  ...”

 

"...Researchers analyzed the records of 34,521 adult patients — 1,681 of them cannabis users — who had elective surgeries at Cleveland Clinic from January 2010 to December 2020. The cannabis users had used the drug within 30 days before surgery, while the other patients had never used cannabis.

The patients who used cannabis experienced 14% more pain during the first 24 hours after surgery compared to the patients who never used cannabis.

Additionally, patients who used cannabis consumed 7% more opioids after surgery, which the authors note was not statistically significant, but is likely clinically relevant.  ..."

 


 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Interesting study: "Pain & The Mary Jane."  The ones on it have worse pain after surgery and require more opioids.  The numbers aren't major but they are there.

 

Makes sense I suppose. A crutch needs a crutch. Body looking to mask the pain with something like it's used to... Just need more drugs to manage the pain.

 

https://neurosciencenews.com/pain-cannabis-surgery-21701/

 

“...Our study shows that adults who use cannabis are having more — not less — postoperative pain. Consequently, they have higher opioid consumption after surgery.  ...”

 

"...Researchers analyzed the records of 34,521 adult patients — 1,681 of them cannabis users — who had elective surgeries at Cleveland Clinic from January 2010 to December 2020. The cannabis users had used the drug within 30 days before surgery, while the other patients had never used cannabis.

The patients who used cannabis experienced 14% more pain during the first 24 hours after surgery compared to the patients who never used cannabis.

Additionally, patients who used cannabis consumed 7% more opioids after surgery, which the authors note was not statistically significant, but is likely clinically relevant.  ..."

 


 


which the authors note was not statistically significant, but is likely clinically relevant.  ..."

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Logic said:

Recreational cannabis is on the ballot this Tuesday in five states.

'Bout time to just end the federal prohibition and get with the times.

https://time.com/6228003/marijuana-legalization-2022-midterm-elections/


Where-pot-is-legal-map.jpg?quality=85&w=

It’s interesting here in Tennessee that while weed is illegal you can still get gummies and things like that at stores as they are made from the hemp part of the plant and is a loophole in the law here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

It’s interesting here in Tennessee that while weed is illegal you can still get gummies and things like that at stores as they are made from the hemp part of the plant and is a loophole in the law here

 

We went into a shop in NC this summer out of curiosity. It’s not legal, but they grow weed with no THC content, then spray it with something so it just gets to the limit of what they can get away with. The guy described it as “weed light”. He said “so you just do two bowls instead of one”. No thanks, I don’t know or trust whatever the hell you are spraying that with. I suspect it’s less healthy than something natural, but I didn’t care enough to dig into it.

 

I did get some roll-on stuff for my bad shoulder. I have no idea if it really helped a little, or if it was more placebo affect. Even if it’s just my imagination, being more comfortable is a good thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

We went into a shop in NC this summer out of curiosity. It’s not legal, but they grow weed with no THC content, then spray it with something so it just gets to the limit of what they can get away with. The guy described it as “weed light”. He said “so you just do two bowls instead of one”. No thanks, I don’t know or trust whatever the hell you are spraying that with. I suspect it’s less healthy than something natural, but I didn’t care enough to dig into it.

 

I did get some roll-on stuff for my bad shoulder. I have no idea if it really helped a little, or if it was more placebo affect. Even if it’s just my imagination, being more comfortable is a good thing. 

 

Like an anti-perspirant? Where's that TIL thread when I really need it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...