Cannabis consumption on track to overtake alcohol

PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Interesting study: "Pain & The Mary Jane."  The ones on it have worse pain after surgery and require more opioids.  The numbers aren't major but they are there.

Makes sense I suppose. A crutch needs a crutch. Body looking to mask the pain with something like it's used to... Just need more drugs to manage the pain.

https://neurosciencenews.com/pain-cannabis-surgery-21701/

“...Our study shows that adults who use cannabis are having more — not less — postoperative pain. Consequently, they have higher opioid consumption after surgery.  ...”

"...Researchers analyzed the records of 34,521 adult patients — 1,681 of them cannabis users — who had elective surgeries at Cleveland Clinic from January 2010 to December 2020. The cannabis users had used the drug within 30 days before surgery, while the other patients had never used cannabis.

The patients who used cannabis experienced 14% more pain during the first 24 hours after surgery compared to the patients who never used cannabis.

Additionally, patients who used cannabis consumed 7% more opioids after surgery, which the authors note was not statistically significant, but is likely clinically relevant.  ..."

which the authors note was not statistically significant, but is likely clinically relevant.  ..."

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Logic said:

Recreational cannabis is on the ballot this Tuesday in five states.

'Bout time to just end the federal prohibition and get with the times.

https://time.com/6228003/marijuana-legalization-2022-midterm-elections/

Where-pot-is-legal-map.jpg?quality=85&w=

It’s interesting here in Tennessee that while weed is illegal you can still get gummies and things like that at stores as they are made from the hemp part of the plant and is a loophole in the law here

20 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

It’s interesting here in Tennessee that while weed is illegal you can still get gummies and things like that at stores as they are made from the hemp part of the plant and is a loophole in the law here

We went into a shop in NC this summer out of curiosity. It’s not legal, but they grow weed with no THC content, then spray it with something so it just gets to the limit of what they can get away with. The guy described it as “weed light”. He said “so you just do two bowls instead of one”. No thanks, I don’t know or trust whatever the hell you are spraying that with. I suspect it’s less healthy than something natural, but I didn’t care enough to dig into it.

I did get some roll-on stuff for my bad shoulder. I have no idea if it really helped a little, or if it was more placebo affect. Even if it’s just my imagination, being more comfortable is a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

We went into a shop in NC this summer out of curiosity. It’s not legal, but they grow weed with no THC content, then spray it with something so it just gets to the limit of what they can get away with. The guy described it as “weed light”. He said “so you just do two bowls instead of one”. No thanks, I don’t know or trust whatever the hell you are spraying that with. I suspect it’s less healthy than something natural, but I didn’t care enough to dig into it.

I did get some roll-on stuff for my bad shoulder. I have no idea if it really helped a little, or if it was more placebo affect. Even if it’s just my imagination, being more comfortable is a good thing. 

Like an anti-perspirant? Where's that TIL thread when I really need it?

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh no this isn’t like that, it has to do with where they extract the thc from. You can get thc from hemp and weed that is the same. Getting it from hemp is legal in Tennessee but not from marijuana.

see if things like delta 8:

Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as delta-8 THC, is a psychoactive substance found in the Cannabis sativa plant, of which marijuana and hemp are two varieties. Delta-8 THC is one of over 100 cannabinoids produced naturally 

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Lucky for them, not for me, cannot turn my back on drink.

Nor’ the weed. But am off prescription drugs. It’s all good.

A close friend of my has severe epilepsy.  Also suffered with depression his whole life.  He was on 13 different medications for the epilepsy, mood disorder, and other stuff for most of his life.  When he was in his late 20s he connected with a “progressive” medical doctor who suggested he try using cannabis in controlled amounts to treat some of his ailments.  He is now in his mid-40s and is no longer taking any medications.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

as of this morning I am the proud possessor of a marijuana strain that is very well known but I had never had any yet..

MAUI WOWIE Its small teeny buds about the size of a garbanzo bean. 28grams $61.00. That is so much cheaper than back in the day.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.