Cannabis consumption on track to overtake alcohol

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Simon said:

You have no idea of what they did or didn't know, and the only real complaint you can make is that they were going slow and being safe.

You're either trolling again or you're so lacking in self-awareness that your preconceived prejudice is embarrassingly apparent to everybody but you. :doh:

Going slow is not safe at times.  Like going under 45mph on the expressway.  You'll get yourself killed and possibly kill others. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Going slow is not safe at times.  Like going under 45mph on the expressway.  You'll get yourself killed and possibly kill others. 

How can you kill someone by driving 45 in a 55 ?  

Are you back on the sugar ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just like on the road... Stay outta the hammer lane.  Same with navigation. 

"Impeding the flow of traffic is also a violation and you ultimately could receive a ticket for going too slow, however, the reason for these minimum speed limits is merely not just to find someone to write a ticket for but to maintain a safe flow of traffic. Could you imagine driving 70 mph and then suddenly coming up on someone in the roadway that is doing 30 mph? That’s a crash waiting to happen."

"If for whatever reason speeds are too high for your experience on the roadway then I would highly suggest that you stick to using local roads."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just like on the road... Stay outta the hammer lane.  Same with navigation. 

"Impeding the flow of traffic is also a violation and you ultimately could receive a ticket for going too slow, however, the reason for these minimum speed limits is merely not just to find someone to write a ticket for but to maintain a safe flow of traffic. Could you imagine driving 70 mph and then suddenly coming up on someone in the roadway that is doing 30 mph? That’s a crash waiting to happen."

"If for whatever reason speeds are too high for your experience on the roadway then I would highly suggest that you stick to using local roads."

Yeah, but those “water brakes” stop you on a dime! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, but those “water brakes” stop you on a dime! 

Yup!  How it works is... The big stuff comes in lock first and gets secured,  then the pleasure craft come in and go along side and to front... They leave first to get the heck out of way... These stoners attempted to go in first,  had not even a clue what was behind them coming in.  Total blinders on!  We had to stand them down or they would have been splattered 15 minutes prior to that picture... Yet, even coming in last,  leaving first, they still didn't get it.  They were the most maneuverable vessel in a confined channel.  They needed to get the hell outta way... Or at least go into shallow water.  That empty barge is drafting 2 feet, the powerboat 1... The big guy will stick in mud first.

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am a very cautious driver here in socal. Wanna know why? Because I want to LIVE hermano. The roads here are stacked with traffic. My motto is change lanes as seldom as possible, always look over shoulder take that tck of a second to avoid a blind spot collision. And go with flow of traffic unless its 10 mph over and then I draw the line.  Im definitely not the fast lane type typical socal driver. its a woooosh yep.

m

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I am a very cautious driver here in socal. Wanna know why? Because I want to LIVE hermano. The roads here are stacked with traffic. My motto is change lanes as seldom as possible, always look over shoulder take that tck of a second to avoid a blind spot collision. And go with flow of traffic unless its 10 mph over and then I draw the line.  Im definitely not the fast lane type typical socal driver. its a woooosh yep.

m

Fair enough, but the key is to go with flow.  Stoners don't! They are taking in the sights! 

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

m

Go just 10 mph over in Atlanta and you just might get rear ended!  😱

I’m not a fan, but I keep my world small. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Go just 10 mph over in Atlanta and you just might get rear ended!  😱

I’m not a fan, but I keep my world small. 

yes I try to stay off the freeways as much as I can. Im usually chauffeured which is just the way I like it 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, muppy said:

But even alcohol needs exceed .08 in Cali to be considered impaired. Its certianly not zero just sayin. Same with marijuana hence my question in preceding post.

I think that you are wrong.

More than .08 (at least in NYS and I'm pretty sure CA as well) makes one DUI (Intoxicated), not impaired.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that you are wrong.

More than .08 (at least in NYS and I'm pretty sure CA as well) makes one DUI (Imtoxicated), not impaired.

fair enough. If there is a legal distinction I wasn't aware. Here in cali they call it "driving under the influence" I believe. 

edit: bill you are 100% correct. "Impaired is.02- .07 , .08 and above is Intoxicated. I found this graph. 

dui.png 

DUI laws in California

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Driving under the influence (DUI) occurs when a person operates a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or when the driver has a blood alcohol level of 0.08 or greater.[1][2] Minors and young adults aged 18–20 can be charged with impaired driving based on blood alcohol levels of 0.01 or higher, and CDL license holders can be charged based upon blood alcohol levels of 0.04 or higher.[2]

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

fair enough. If there is a legal distinction I wasn't aware. Here in cali they call it "driving under the influence" I believe. 

edit: bill you are 100% correct. "Impaired is.02- .07 , .08 and above is Intoxicated. I found this graph. 

dui.png 

Thanks for chart... I knew there was a reason why I pack on the extra weight. 😉  I feel sorry for that 100# guy... Boy, he's toast at .12/1 drink.  Can't a jockey have a sip before they ride!  That 1/4 cupcake with magic "Jimmies" is out of the question too! 😔

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You, my friend, are an idiot.  

I think its a paradigm shift 🙂 But besides that chatrooms get testy. It's like u get called out for your chit and it is more confrontational than I care for.  anyway.

I will default to humor 🙂...Holy cow its HEMP

hemp.jpg

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think its a paradigm shift 🙂 But besides that chatrooms get testy. It's like u get called out for your chit and it is more confrontational than I care for.  anyway.

I will default to humor 🙂...Holy cow its HEMP

hemp.jpg

I have no idea what this means, muppy, but thanks for the pic.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have no idea what this means, muppy, but thanks for the pic.

what I meant is an oppositional way of looking at the same issue through different lenses and thinking about it in a different way.  The example I would use is I am an artist, exiled to me exhibits a more scientific thought process......does that make sense?

The chat room  part refers to how when things I read I perceive as hurtful or negative, namecalling. I personally dont like it. That's all. You're welcome 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

what I meant is an oppositional way of looking at the same issue through different lenses and thinking about it in a different way. The chat room  part refers to how when things I read I perceive as hurtful or negative, namecalling. I personally dont like it. That's all. You're welcome 🙂

First of all, @ExiledInIllinois and I bust each other’s chops all the time.  We’ve been “friends” on this board for as long as I remember.  Hell, we even share the same birthday (even though he’s like 30 years older than I).

Secondly, I’m sorry if it makes your heart hurt, but the phrase “You’re an idiot” is a long-standing TBDism recognized by most board members as humorous.  

Next, while I do poke fun and tease playfully, I have been open to EII’s viewpoints in this thread.  Even though his presence in this thread had been bordering on crusading, IMO, which is against the TOS.  Please read my posts before you judge me.  I even wrote at some point in this thread “I think there are some legitimate questions to be asked here” acknowledging his potential concerns.  While I have an opinion on many things, I don’t pretend to know everything.

Lastly, as much as I have no idea who you are and I know nothing about you, I will still respect you as a board member.  That said, don’t try to be a moderator.  If you have a problem with anything I am writing, please feel free to block me or report me.  I’ve been here since April of 2009.  I know the ropes pretty well.

Thanks, Muppy 😊 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

First of all, @ExiledInIllinois and I bust each other’s chops all the time.  We’ve been “friends” on this board for as long as I remember.  Hell, we even share the same birthday (even though he’s like 30 years older than I).

Secondly, I’m sorry if it makes your heart hurt, but the phrase “You’re an idiot” is a long-standing TBDism recognized by most board members as humorous.  

Next, while I do poke fun and tease playfully, I have been open to EII’s viewpoints in this thread.  Even though his presence in this thread had been bordering on crusading, IMO, which is against the TOS.  Please read my posts before you judge me.  I even wrote at some point in this thread “I think there are some legitimate questions to be asked here” acknowledging his potential concerns.  While I have an opinion on many things, I don’t pretend to know everything.

Lastly, as much as I have no idea who you are and I know nothing about you, I will still respect you as a board member.  That said, don’t try to be a moderator.  If you have a problem with anything I am writing, please feel free to block me or report me.  I’ve been here since April of 2009.  I know the ropes pretty well.

Thanks, Muppy 😊 

Yeah... I will lay off it. I just want people to use responsibly! People do such dumb things! 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.