Cannabis consumption on track to overtake alcohol

PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. You either smoke less of the stronger weed, or you build up a tolerance. I have a buddy who had a liver transplant and has a medical card. He vapes his THC constantly and he functions normally. I took one hit off his vape one time and it knocked me out. The point is THC levels don't tell the whole story. It's what your tolerance is.

Similar to booze. Some people function normally at .08 and above, but someone who's never drank woul most likely be in bad shape  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That episode cracked me the hell up. I wake up with new aches and pains every day. I avoid Tylenol, Advil, and and all that stuff and just deal with it, but I may give the CBD a try. What brand do you use?

Eastforkandfriends.com

East Fork Cultivars is an Oregon based company, but I'm fairly certain they can ship to anywhere in the States.

Disclaimer: my wife is the director of operations for the company, so I can't claim to be unbiased.

That said, I've been to the farm where the cannabis is grown and seen the extraction processes in action. High quality flower, high quality extraction processes, high quality final product.

The thing I've learned over the years about CBD is that it is definitely NOT all created equally. There is essentially no regulation or oversight, so all sorts of snake oil salesmen are able to make outrageous claims and sell bunk products with almost no actual CBD in them. It's actually pretty difficult to find high quality CBD that will actually be beneficial to you.

East Fork is the real deal. They are as legitimate and as high quality as exists anywhere on the market, I'm convinced.

I swear by the CBD oil. I have terrible TMJ that causes splitting headaches and jaw pain. A dropper-full under the tongue relieves it pretty quickly. CBD has inti-inflammatory properties, so if whatever aches or pains you're dealing with have to do with inflammation, then CBD is a good bet. They also have gummies, candy bars...you can even by the dried flower itself or a pack of pre-rolls, if smoking is your preferred method of delivery.

If you want a CBD based lotion that you can apply directly to sore areas, I recommend Empower products, available at Empowerbodycare.com. They use CBD grown by East Fork in their products. I can vouch for the effectiveness of these products, as well, at least in my own personal experience.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. You either smoke less of the stronger weed, or you build up a tolerance. I have a buddy who had a liver transplant and has a medical card. He vapes his THC constantly and he functions normally. I took one hit off his vape one time and it knocked me out. The point is THC levels don't tell the whole story. It's what your tolerance is.

Out here in Oregon where cannabis is fully recreationally legal, the people in the industry all tell me that the thing that drives them nuts is that people all just come in wanting to buy the highest THC product available, without regard to growing practices, terpene profiles, other cannabanoid contents (CBD, CBG, CBN, etc), flavor, or overall quality.

It would be the equivalent of walking into the liquor store and saying "give me the highest proof alcohol you have!", rather than searching out specific spirits from quality producers, things that taste good and are of high quality, etc.

The end result of focusing only on THC content is that a lot of the nuance and variety and enjoyability of cannabis is lost, and a lot of people -- particularly newer users -- end up having unenjoyable experiences. Even the experienced smoker is probably going to enjoy a strain less if its only focus is maxing out THC content, and it pays no mind to other factors. Long story long: it turns out there's a lot more to a strain of cannabis being enjoyable than its THC content, but many consumers have not yet caught up to that fact. They're still essentially walking into the liquor store and saying "give me the highest proof! That's all I care about!".

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Makes sense.

I smoked a lot of weed (or cannabis if we want to be more socially acceptable) from the ages of 15-27. Somewhere on the level of 1/2 oz a week. Got married and really toned in down from 27-40. Maybe an 1/8 every few months. Stopped completely 40-41. Talked to  a buddy and decided to split some a few moths ago and been casually imbibing again. Seems to be a whole new world. I grew up on swag and middies. This new stuff was like going to a candy store. Biscotti Mintz, Cereal Milk. Northern Lights and Tropical cookies....to be honest i cant tell the difference between any of them.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I once got so high in college that I thought my legs were floating away.  I was sitting on my bed watching a movie and kept putting blankets and pillows on top of my legs.

You a pot head, Focker?

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Similar to booze. Some people function normally at .08 and above, but someone who's never drank woul most likely be in bad shape  

That's a myth.  Everyone's motor kills are worse at .08%.  Get worse right up from zero. 

Thing is... How are they going to detect sobriety in a high person? 

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's a myth.  Everyone's motor kills are worse at .08%.  Get worse right up from zero. 

Growing up arond many hardcore alcoholics, I saw them function better at .08 than going through withdrawal at .00.  Now, with you're average Joe,  yes, motor skills get worse with alcohol consumption. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Out here in Oregon where cannabis is fully recreationally legal, the people in the industry all tell me that the thing that drives them nuts is that people all just come in wanting to buy the highest THC product available, without regard to growing practices, terpene profiles, other cannabanoid contents (CBD, CBG, CBN, etc), flavor, or overall quality.

It would be the equivalent of walking into the liquor store and saying "give me the highest proof alcohol you have!", rather than searching out specific spirits from quality producers, things that taste good and are of high quality, etc.

The end result of focusing only on THC content is that a lot of the nuance and variety and enjoyability of cannabis is lost, and a lot of people -- particularly newer users -- end up having unenjoyable experiences. Even the experienced smoker is probably going to enjoy a strain less if its only focus is maxing out THC content, and it pays no mind to other factors. Long story long: it turns out there's a lot more to a strain of cannabis being enjoyable than its THC content, but many consumers have not yet caught up to that fact. They're still essentially walking into the liquor store and saying "give me the highest proof! That's all I care about!".

To be honest I can't tell one strain from the next.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I smoked a lot of weed (or cannabis if we want to be more socially acceptable) from the ages of 15-27. Somewhere on the level of 1/2 oz a week. Got married and really toned in down from 27-40. Maybe an 1/8 every few months. Stopped completely 40-41. Talked to  a buddy and decided to split some a few moths ago and been casually imbibing again. Seems to be a whole new world. I grew up on swag and middies. This new stuff was like going to a candy store. Biscotti Mintz, Cereal Milk. Northern Lights and Tropical cookies....to be honest i cant tell the difference between any of them.

I miss that seedy dirt weed we used to buy as a youngin'. The high felt different to the high THC stuff now.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

There are companies currently working on breath detection devices. Able to detect some of the metabolites formed after use. Lots of challenges to overcome but I think a couple are getting close. I bought some stock from one of them, figured it was worth taking a flyer on. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:39 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Makes some people paranoid.

too much serotonin

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To be honest I can't tell one strain from the next.

I miss that seedy dirt weed we used to buy as a youngin'. The high felt different to the high THC stuff now.

sinsemilla for me since 8th grade

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hallucinogenic Effects of Marijuana:

Although the hallucinogenic effects of marijuana have been, for the most part, considered less than those of other hallucinogens such as PCP, LSD, and mescaline, there is certain degree of unpredictability in every marijuana experience. Marijuana can distort cognitive, emotional, and sensory perceptions in both pleasurable and negative ways and in basically, the same manner that other hallucinogen drugs do by over-stimulating the release of neurotransmitters and disrupting communications between nerve cells.

Hallucinations, paranoia, extreme anxiety, and delusions are possible with heavy marijuana use and since there is a marked ratio of high THC in today’s marijuana, these issues are becoming more common. Most people who use marijuana experience a tranquil and calming effect mixed with elevated moods and senses, but, a person who feels like they are out of touch with reality when they anticipated another effect can have a terrifying experience. Other individuals may display bizarre and unusual behaviors, become incoherent, or appear to be in a trance-like state.

Effects of Marijuana in Adolescent Use

A study by Duke University reported that “fewer adolescents believe that regular cannabis use is harmful to health. Concomitantly, adolescents are initiating cannabis use at younger ages, and more adolescents are using cannabis on a daily basis.” Persistent cannabis use was associated with greater neuropsychological decline and more cognitive problems that have a cascading and lasting impact in these individuals and cessation of use did not fully restore neuropsychological functioning.

FWIW... Full steam ahead in semi-charted waters. What could go wrong?

They have obviously never tried LSD.  Acid puts you in another dimension.  Good weed just makes you feel good

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

They have obviously never tried LSD.  Acid puts you in another dimension.  Good weed just makes you feel good

I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon. We were at a local Jamaican bodega and there was "special cake" for sale. We bought 1 piece and split  it amongst we two..

When it hit we were  literally tripping with a high I had never experienced from ganja then or since. Luckily we were on a beautiful Negril beach for one of their incredible sunsets.....it was something I'll never forget. Tripping on weed Indeed.  Wasn't it mentioned upthread that baking it somehow increases potency (as if that needed increase) lol

m

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon. We were at a local Jamaican bodega and there was "special cake" for sale. We bought 1 piece and split  it amongst we two..

When it hit we were  literally tripping with a high I had never experienced from ganja then or since. Luckily we were on a beautiful Negril beach for one of their incredible sunsets.....it was something I'll never forget. Tripping on weed Indeed.  Wasn't it mentioned upthread that baking it somehow increases potency (as if that needed increase) lol

m

Eating it is a different story.  It is much more intense, and a deep body high.  I was hired as a weed chef at a dispensary here, but I accepted another job offer.  When edibles are consumed, the thc is processed by your liver, instead of your lungs.  Eating weed is my favorite buzz.  But it you have to watch the mg.  Some people have strong reactions from small amounts.  It takes 45 minutes+ for effects after consuming.  Often I will eat an edible, go about my day, the an hour later I’ll be thinking “man I feel so good.”  Then I remember I ate an edible an hour before lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I have to say I've done quite a few hallucinogens, but thhe closest I've ever came to losing it was when my buddy and I ate some brownies we made that contained a boatload of weed. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.