Jets sign OT Duane Brown 2 years at 22 million

Greg S

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

They’re both rookies, hard to judge if either puck is any good. They also had a major need at cornerback. Not saying it wasn’t a bad pick, but using 2 guys who haven’t played a down in the league isn’t a strong argument 

Gardner is supposed to be very good.  Their DBs are still bad even with him added.  

I think between drafting becton in 2020, and Fant - they didn't see a huge need at tackle?  I

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Wilson definitely has a good arm.  Time will tell if he develops into a decent qb.  Terrible news regarding Becton.  Hope he can stay healthy.

I'm left with a terrible taste in my mouth after that week 18 game, and just the 5 games at the end of the year for him were really lousy.  

72/140 - 51% comp - 795 yards or 159 per game.  Added another 160 on the ground on 16 carries including a 52 yard TD. 

3/0 TD to INT

19 sacks for 159 yards lost

So essentially 650 yards on 175 pass snaps with another 160 on the ground - 800 yards across 5 games and 4 total TDs.

I know Allens final 5 or 6 games were promising to watch, and the numbers weren't super impressive either but we can compare.  

86/162 - 53% comp - 1082 yards or 216.4 per game.  Added 377 on the ground including 4 TDs.

8/7 TD to INT

7 sacks for 46 yards lost.

So 1000 yards across about 170 pass snaps.  The 377 on the ground was a mix of pass plays and designed runs.  12 TDs to 7 Ints.

One of those reads as a playmaker, the other reads like.. i dunno Marcus Mariota?

29 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'm left with a terrible taste in my mouth after that week 18 game, and just the 5 games at the end of the year for him were really lousy.  

72/140 - 51% comp - 795 yards or 159 per game.  Added another 160 on the ground on 16 carries including a 52 yard TD. 

3/0 TD to INT

19 sacks for 159 yards lost

So essentially 650 yards on 175 pass snaps with another 160 on the ground - 800 yards across 5 games and 4 total TDs.

I know Allens final 5 or 6 games were promising to watch, and the numbers weren't super impressive either but we can compare.  

86/162 - 53% comp - 1082 yards or 216.4 per game.  Added 377 on the ground including 4 TDs.

8/7 TD to INT

7 sacks for 46 yards lost.

So 1000 yards across about 170 pass snaps.  The 377 on the ground was a mix of pass plays and designed runs.  12 TDs to 7 Ints.

One of those reads as a playmaker, the other reads like.. i dunno Marcus Mariota?

You may be right about Wilson.  As good as Allen is as a playmaker along with a great physical talent, his best quality could very well be his desire to stay humble and keep improving his game.

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s never played RT and Fant is much better on the left… 

Yep.

I could actually see this signing causing potential issues.

Fant sucked on the right and he’s in a contract year. I doubt he will be ok with switching to RT. He plays much better at LT and is in line for a bigger payday as a LT.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yep.

I could actually see this signing causing potential issues.

Fant sucked on the right and he’s in a contract year. I doubt he will be ok with switching to RT. He plays much better at LT and is in line for a bigger payday as a LT.

He'll probably get his chance to switch back to LT...

13 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Moseley was supposed to this huge difference maker for them and I forgot he was even in the league. Davis sucks. I don’t even know who John Franklin Myers is

I didn't either until I looked him up yesterday.  He was a 4th round DE from the Rams in 2018 who was cut the following year.

Jets picked him up and his stat line isn't bad.  One of the reasons I guess we don't know him is his game logs stats against the Bills

has been pedestrian at best.

3 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

You may be right about Wilson.  As good as Allen is as a playmaker along with a great physical talent, his best quality could very well be his desire to stay humble and keep improving his game.

Just not seeing the game fast enough.  You can't win if you don't score, playing tentative like that will prevent turnovers and result in punts.  

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.