Jets sign OT Duane Brown 2 years at 22 million

Greg S

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It will be up to the coaching staff what they want to do. At 2 years 22 million he will be in the starting lineup. 

I think signing him is a good idea for them, but they should really see what they have in Mitchell. 

Also, I expect it's really a 1 year deal and 2 years for cap. Somehow, the Jets have eliminated their ample cap space to field a roster that will likely be 3rd in the division, at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jets had $8.9M cap space before this move.  It will be interesting to see how back loaded this contract is.  The only major savings they have is cutting Sheldon Rankins which saves $5M.  How can this team be that awful, have a QB on a rookie contract and still be up against the cap?  🤮 ✈️ 

• Agree 4

14 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Jets had $8.9M cap space before this move.  It will be interesting to see how back loaded this contract is.  The only major savings they have is cutting Sheldon Rankins which saves $5M.  How can this team be that awful, have a QB on a rookie contract and still be up against the cap?  🤮 ✈️ 

Hey now, seen plenty of Bills teams pull this feat off. It's nice now that we have competent people running the show...

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

About $60M going to CJ Mosley, Carl Lawson and Corey Davis and John Franklin-Myers.

Not that I'm saying they are bad players just seems a risky plan.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

They are a historically stupid franchise. 

Those idiots passed on OT Evan Neal in the 2022 draft, only to opt for a CB from Cincinnatti (of all places) at #4.  What made it even worse, the Giants were able to draft Neal.

What absolute morons!!!

They had 2 good starting OTs.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

They are a historically stupid franchise. 

Those idiots passed on OT Evan Neal in the 2022 draft, only to opt for a CB from Cincinnatti (of all places) at #4.  What made it even worse, the Giants were able to draft Neal.

What absolute morons!!!

That’s what happens when your HC only knows Defense!  

7 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Hmm let me think way back to 2018....

FA signings included Chirs Ivory, Vontae Davis, Trent Murphy, Star, Bodine, Newhouse, a rookie QB, no cap money, and finished 6-10....

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

About $60M going to CJ Mosley, Carl Lawson and Corey Davis and John Franklin-Myers.

Not that I'm saying they are bad players just seems a risky plan.

Moseley was supposed to this huge difference maker for them and I forgot he was even in the league. Davis sucks. I don’t even know who John Franklin Myers is

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hmm let me think way back to 2018....

FA signings included Chirs Ivory, Vontae Davis, Trent Murphy, Star, Bodine, Newhouse, a rookie QB, no cap money, and finished 6-10....

The Bills weren't awful, having made the playoffs the year before.  Meanwhile they had a lot of dead money in 2018 getting rid of the non-process players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.