Von Miller on Pat McAfee Show - Josh’s hype man and more OBJ smoke

YoloinOhio

I think OBJ is the most overrated WR in the league and I have no idea why the NFL pushes him so much. He’s the Jadaveon Clowney of receivers. One ridiculous catch and a few good seasons. It’s BS. Stick with Gabe Davis and stop hindering his development. If we’re gonna go with depth then go pick up Sanders who at least knows the offense.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

By the way, guess who Gabe Davis idolized? 

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gabe's idol was OBJ? didn't know that!

The only name I've ever heard out of Gabe's own mouth, in terms of an influence, is Larry Fitzgerald. And I think it really shows in his attitude, development, and play.

Not saying you're wrong.

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The only name I've ever heard out of Gabe's own mouth, in terms of an influence, is Larry Fitzgerald. And I think it really shows in his attitude, development, and play.

Not saying you're wrong.

I’m nearly positive it was said when he came out of college, that’s why he rocks the hair and 13. I could definitely be wrong though

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

McAfee >>>>> all media.  Have been watching him religiously since he left Bartstool.  I wish I could buy stock in him.  

what a great interview.  Couldn’t stop smiling.  What a great addition.  Stay healthy. 

It’s a great show - doesn’t take itself too seriously and pulls top notch guests 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think OBJ is the most overrated WR in the league and I have no idea why the NFL pushes him so much. He’s the Jadaveon Clowney of receivers. One ridiculous catch and a few good seasons. It’s BS. Stick with Gabe Davis and stop hindering his development. If we’re gonna go with depth then go pick up Sanders who at least knows the offense.

He didn’t look overrated in the Super Bowl. 

Im not trying to sign him and play him over Diggs and Davis, but nobody is defending Allen when he comes out in the Playoffs in 11 personnel with Diggs, Davis, OBJ, Knox and Cook.  Cheat code. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

By the time OBJ is ready to play we'll know if Davis is a legitimate #2 WR.  All signs point to yes but he still has to get out there and prove it.  OBJ looked like his old self in the playoffs when it counted most.  If Diggs or Davis miss some time he's a significant upgrade over our current backup WR's outside.  He can also play the slot if there's an injury or a drop in play there.  He'd be great insurance down the crucial stretch run is the best way of putting it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Link to full interview is on you tube but I can’t figure out how to embed 

I want to Bill ieve every time someone says great stuff about Josh Allen, but when Von Miller mentioned Stafford as a HOF QB and Tim Tebow as a great QB he lost me

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

By the time OBJ is ready to play we'll know if Davis is a legitimate #2 WR.  All signs point to yes but he still has to get out there and prove it.  OBJ looked like his old self in the playoffs when it counted most.  If Diggs or Davis miss some time he's a significant upgrade over our current backup WR's outside.  He can also play the slot if there's an injury or a drop in play there.  He'd be great insurance down the crucial stretch run is the best way of putting it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he’s a legitimate 2. I’ve seen this guy come in and make great catches week after week and perform in the most crucial moments of the playoffs breaking Jerry Rice’s TD record. Yes, some of it is due to the awesomeness of Allen and the attention on Diggs, but he takes full advantage of it.

I agree that a big splash signing is critical at positions that need a little juice, but WR is not one of them. I’m anxious to see what guys like McKenzie & Davis can do with a larger role. Now if an injury happens *knock on wood* then I’m all for it or God forbid, like you said, he ends up flopping (which is 99.9% sure not happening.) If OBJ is humble enough to be a 3rd or 4th option then we’ll see. I’m not 100% against it. 

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I agree that a big splash signing is critical at positions that need a little juice, but WR is not one of them. I’m anxious to see what guys like McKenzie & Davis can do with a larger role. Now if an injury happens *knock on wood* then I’m all for it or God forbid, like you said, he ends up flopping (which is 99.9% sure not happening.) If OBJ is humble enough to be a 3rd or 4th option then we’ll see. I’m not 100% against it. 

That's pry the biggest question.  I wondered how he'd fit in LA's offense with Woods and Kupp last year and then Woods tears his ACL days after the trade.  We never really got to see how he'd respond to being that 3rd or 4th option.  I don't mean to be Dr. Doom but an injury to a WR more than likely will happen at some point this year.  We lost Brown for some time in '20 and Beasley always seemed like he was playing through injury.  If OBJ is willing to take a contract like he did with the Rams last year built in with incentives then I'd be all for it.  

As for Davis, he killed it in the Chiefs game but I go back to the season finale where he had a really bad game with Emmanuel Sanders out.  Three receptions on 13 targets with three drops.  That may not be the norm as he filled in nicely for Brown in 2020 for the few games he missed but I need to see him full time as a WR2 before declaring him our long term solution opposite Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All it will take is the slightest hiccup by McKittrick and OBJ will be signed. 

McKenzie plays in the slot, OBJ plays on the outside. McKenzie has no barring on whether or not OBJ will be signed.

8 hours ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Obj dosnt seem like a process/culture guy mcd would want. 

He was fine in LA on a winning team with a quality QB. Looking at how Cleveland is/was being run, how Mayfield was playing, and how he reportedly was behind the scenes - I'd say he was justified in forcing his way out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.