Audacy App For WGR550 Problems

jimmynunn

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The app stinks in general. There will be times when I try to use the app and get stuck in a commercial loop where it never goes to the live show and just replays the same commercials over and over.

This happens all the time and it annoys me

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Not exactly an Audacy issue but I don't understand why Bills games can't be broadcast on Audacy at the exact same time it's broadcast on WGR. 

Exclusive rights. 

Same as how the games can only be shown on specific stations. 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Not exactly an Audacy issue but I don't understand why Bills games can't be broadcast on Audacy at the exact same time it's broadcast on WGR. 

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Exclusive rights. 

Same as how the games can only be shown on specific stations. 

You can if you're listening on a laptop, Chromebook, etc. Just not on your mobile phone (go figure). That's how it was in the past anyway. Don't know if anything has changed for this year.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, jimmynunn said:

Is it just me, or has anyone else had trouble with the Audacy app the last 3-4 days? It's not opening, so I deleted it and downloaded from the App Store, same results.

I even went through Google with WGR, but that's not really working either. (I also use I Heart Radio for some Rochester stations, and it works just fine, always.)

Thank you, Jimmy.

Holy mackerel did it suck this morning.

49 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

You can if you're listening on a laptop, Chromebook, etc. Just not on your mobile phone (go figure). That's how it was in the past anyway. Don't know if anything has changed for this year.

But that is through the WGR site correct?

Not the audacy app?

I know going to wgr550.com takes you to the audacy site but the player still works compared to the app(even on mobile).

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

I have the exact same issue. It will not work no matter what I do. I did successfully reinstall it and it worked one time and then never again. I assume it has to do with logging in and it is trying to login but not succeeding but also not telling me that it’s not succeeding.

Open it in chrome.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550

Player at the bottom works fine on mobile. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

But that is through the WGR site correct?

Not the audacy app?

It may have been directly via WGR in years past but I believe it worked via Audacy last year (https://www.audacy.com/stations/wgr550). Maybe not. I rarely listen to the radio feed because I watch via Sunday Ticket and used to have issues synching the audio feed with the TV feed (not a fan of Murph anyway).

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

It may have been directly via WGR in years past but I believe it worked via Audacy last year (https://www.audacy.com/stations/wgr550). Maybe not. I rarely listen to the radio feed because I watch via Sunday Ticket and used to have issues synching the audio feed with the TV feed (not a fan of Murph anyway).

It is overstating it to say it "worked" last year.  WGR changed to requiring Audacy last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.