Audacy App For WGR550 Problems

jimmynunn

Is it just me, or has anyone else had trouble with the Audacy app the last 3-4 days? It's not opening, so I deleted it and downloaded from the App Store, same results.

I even went through Google with WGR, but that's not really working either. (I also use I Heart Radio for some Rochester stations, and it works just fine, always.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jimmynunn said:

Is it just me, or has anyone else had trouble with the Audacy app the last 3-4 days? It's not opening, so I deleted it and downloaded from the App Store, same results.

I even went through Google with WGR, but that's not really working either. (I also use I Heart Radio for some Rochester stations, and it works just fine, always.)

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I opened it recently and it told me I had to make an account whereas before I was able to just open it and use it, presumably as a guest.

This is exactly what I have seen - I used to be able to open it - skip the sign in and get what I needed.

Now it freezes at the log-in and won’t allow you to enter with out connecting either via an account or another app.

I get it, but it sucks to have to log in for a crappy app - so I just deleted it.  May try again later.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jimmynunn said:

This is preseason.  They are practicing for failures during regular season.

Historical note:

My feet are in very bad shape and many days I'd listen to WGR game rather than going to bar to watch.

Then WGR changed technology to improve experience and I constantly had problems until I could never listen.

The app is awful in general.  If I dont have a connection when it loads, it gets all screwed up sometimes and wont reconnect, I have to reload it continuously it feels like.   If I have a solid connection it stays.  There are other weird things the app has done.  They have changed the look and feel, but the crappy performance remains.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.