Jump to content

Tom Brady Away From Bucs to "Deal With Some Personal Things"


Gugny
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’d love to see the media reaction to a missing in action QB if his name wasn’t Brady. 

Yeah, I can't believe that 7 time Super Bowl winning QB gets a pass on things that Mitch Trubisky wouldn't.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, Don Otreply said:

Well, if one is okay with his decades of being caught cheating every four-ish years on average, plus his obvious juicing, on top of his latest tampering escapades with Miami’s ownership over the last couple seasons, yeah, that is certainly a quality that enhances the leagues reputation…, 

 

Go Bills!!!

 

 

What? No. 

I get your first part, he is constantly wrapped up in some sort of -gate. But Brady is not "obviously juicing". The way Brady treats his body is really similar to a lot of elite athletes in lots of other sports. Football is just a sport for ogre's and as such are decades behind in sports physiology compared to other nations/athletic pursuits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 12:48 PM, vtnatefootball11 said:

Wondering if there may actually be something going on here.  Maybe Tom is second guessing coming out of retirement now with the injuries at center, and/or something behind the scenes with this whole Dolphins/Ross fiasco, and is now actually re-considering his options?  Not his style to pull a Lebron and basically acknowledge he can do whatever he wants and take time off while the rest of his team works.  Maybe he's finally pulling rank but I'm probably  a little worried if I'm a Bucs fan.

 

 

This!!!!

I am in a group text that basically sharpened their pitch forks with the idea that he was just being on overprivileged brat. My take was the same as yours. When it comes to football TB12 is full on Mamba mentality. If he is taking time away it is because there is A. something actually wrong with him and/or his family or B. he is seriously considering hanging it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

 

 

What? No. 

I get your first part, he is constantly wrapped up in some sort of -gate. But Brady is not "obviously juicing". The way Brady treats his body is really similar to a lot of elite athletes in lots of other sports. Football is just a sport for ogre's and as such are decades behind in sports physiology compared to other nations/athletic pursuits. 

I’d bet he doesn’t want to be blood tested, much like many other NFL. Players, now don’t get me wrong, players have been doping for decades, we all know it, and most of us don’t care, me included, but let’s not be naive about it, it’s constantly going on.  As for Tom Tom, he is likely the most dishonest player in modern sports. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, I can't believe that 7 time Super Bowl winning QB gets a pass on things that Mitch Trubisky wouldn't.

That’s very true, The guy is the GOAT, but that doesn’t mean some of the stuff he does isn’t shady.  I’ve always found it interesting how no one calls him out on his stuff. This Miami tampering issue would be a huge deal with anyone else, but once again, another free pass. He’s the greatest, but that doesn’t everything should be a free pass. 

Edited by SirAndrew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mango said:

 

 

What? No. 

I get your first part, he is constantly wrapped up in some sort of -gate. But Brady is not "obviously juicing". The way Brady treats his body is really similar to a lot of elite athletes in lots of other.

You mean like Lance Armstrong?

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s very true, The guy is the GOAT, but that doesn’t mean some of the stuff he does isn’t shady.  I’ve always found it interesting how no one calls him out on his stuff. This Miami tampering issue would be a huge deal with anyone else, but once again, another free pass. He’s the greatest, but that doesn’t everything should be a free pass. 

Players are immune from any punishment regarding tampering via the NFL's anti tampering policy.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You mean like Lance Armstrong?


No not like Lance or any other cyclist. They are endurance athletes. What Lance did has little use case for an NFL player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 2:32 AM, JoPoy88 said:

Brady’s just away because he can be. No team still employing him is gonna say no if he wants half of training camp off. 

Secretly the NFL told him to not practice with the dolphins b.c of the Ross debacle. So Brady said ***** it I will come back week one. 

Edited by TBBills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...