Tom Brady Away From Bucs to "Deal With Some Personal Things"

Gugny

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Personally, I think his wife wants him to take a year off before he moves into the booth on his TV deal. Pressure at home may be causing him to have 2nd thoughts about his commitment. Or, he just wanted to come back so he can announce it's his last hurrah. Who knows at this point. Whatever is going on, I do believe that the pressure is coming from the home front. 

That’s what I think many suspect at this point. It all seems a bit strange, but Brady has always been different. You’d think Brady’s “retirement” would have given him enough time to work it out. That’s why I’d find personal issues an interesting reason to leave. I think it’s more likely he’s second guessing his chance at success with the 2022 Bucs. 

On 8/17/2022 at 9:44 AM, SoMAn said:

Just read an article in which Brady 

says he had to take time off to look after his marriage because the wife was ragging on hm about him not doing enough stuff around the house.
I suspect she’s been talking with my wife. 

Soooo ... threesome??

9 hours ago, without a drought said:

A lot of people posting that they are sick of him and don't care.

Seems to contradict their actions.

I was so glad when he retired but unfortunately it was short lived.  Then he signs this mega contract with FOX.  Ugh!

13 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

FWI Just saw some speculation that Brady is on a show like Masked Singer.  

I can’t see that being true. No NFL team would allow a player to be off the field for such an endeavor.  Not just the optics, but sure they are somewhat locked down for safety reasons during season activities. Last thing they need is a player to get hurt fooling around.

For me, it’s one of two things.  Divorce or he’s looking to retire.  If it were the latter, I’d expect that would have happened already.

Edited by davefan66

Part time QB...

This little prick is like a villain in a horror film. I fully expect him to be better than ever and show that a QB can skip out on training camp and be a part time QB and still win. 

He'll come back, do the "golly gee, why is everyone asking about little old me?" Routine and everyone will gush about how genuine, wonderful and wholesome he is. 

In a just world he would look like last year's Big Ben. Old tired and done. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can someone just light this guy up on the field once and for all. Just take the 15 yards, it’s worth it. He thinks he’s above everyone else. Either retire or don’t, but the season has started for all intents and purposes and he’s off on vacation 

I want him in the Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be a way for him to go out? He has been our big bully for 2 decades and it all comes full circle in the Super Bowl of all things when we beat him when it matters most and send him into retirement forever. McDermott is 0-7 against Brady. Him getting his 1 victory against him in the game that counts the most would be amazing 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I was stoked when he "retired" and will be even more so when it officially happens again for real. His personal life is none of my business. 

I dont want to read about him I dont want to see him play any more. Hang it up already.  That's my opine. JUST GO AWAY

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can someone just light this guy up on the field once and for all. Just take the 15 yards, it’s worth it. He thinks he’s above everyone else. Either retire or don’t, but the season has started for all intents and purposes and he’s off on vacation 

That just might happen this year.  He already lost his starting C and now has lost his presumed starting LG (Stinnie).  And Wirfs might miss week 1.

And I found it funny that anyone thought he could sing.  LOL!

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They booked a vacation when he thought he was retiring and couldn’t get their $ back so had to go. I get it, times are tight.

Bahamas are a known place which people use to hide money from IRS and other courts. 

Likely he is working on keeping money paid under the table from being revealed so when he actually retires he can work in a front office.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Name one other player that can get time away from his team for a similar reason. There are none. What do his teammates think? I would be pissed to say the least. We were always told at practice that there are no prima donas. Obviously that is not the case with Marcia.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.