Tom Brady Away From Bucs to "Deal With Some Personal Things"

Gugny

Just read an article in which Brady 

says he had to take time off to look after his marriage because the wife was ragging on hm about him not doing enough stuff around the house.
I suspect she’s been talking with my wife. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

says he had to take time off to look after his marriage because the wife was ragging on hm about him not doing enough stuff around the house.

Yeah, the rumor is divorce. Who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Yeah, the rumor is divorce. Who knows. 

I hope not.

I think it's probably more a case of her expectation that he'd be retired and have more flexibility with domestic matters so she can resume her career full time.  Kind of an "it's my turn now, Tom" thing.  Like his job as a player, her modeling career has a limited number of viable years.

Their kids are getting older, so I guess she feels he's had plenty of time with his NFL playmates and accomplished more than any QB in history, so he ought to be willing to hang up the cleats at 45 years old.

From his point of view I'd argue, he has at least 26 weeks off, not counting any mandatory OTAs.  Maybe he needs a break from that battleaxe nagging incessantly about the kids and the house.

They have enough money. Hire a half dozen nannies, chauffeurs, full time maintenance staff for their properties.  He's got to be the one to take the kids to school? Really?

3 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I hope not.

I think it's probably more a case of her expectation that he'd be retired and have more flexibility with domestic matters so she can resume her career full time.  Kind of an "it's my turn now, Tom" thing.  Like his job as a player, her modeling career has a limited number of viable years.

Their kids are getting older, so I guess she feels he's had plenty of time with his NFL playmates and accomplished more than any QB in history, so he ought to be willing to hang up the cleats at 45 years old.

From his point of view I'd argue, he has at least 26 weeks off, not counting any mandatory OTAs.  Maybe he needs a break from that battleaxe nagging incessantly about the kids and the house.

They have enough money. Hire a half dozen nannies, chauffeurs, full time maintenance staff for their properties.  He's got to be the one to take the kids to school? Really?

I think the only modeling she's doing now is for Under Armour and have to think Tom had a hand in that deal. And that pays more than her Victoria Secret did so you'd think it benefits her to keep Tom in the sports world. 

I'm so sick of this dude. Not because of this particular story at all - I'm just sick of this dude.

Part of me wants nothing to do w/ him if the Bills make the SB - but part of me definitely hopes for it.  I want Buffalo to embarrass him just like they did the Pats last year.  I could die in peace w/ that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:01 PM, Mango said:

What? No. 

I get your first part, he is constantly wrapped up in some sort of -gate. But Brady is not "obviously juicing". The way Brady treats his body is really similar to a lot of elite athletes in lots of other sports. Football is just a sport for ogre's and as such are decades behind in sports physiology compared to other nations/athletic pursuits. 

Lots of types of juicing.  I don't think he does steroids, but HGH or the like wouldn't shock me.  I don't think Avocado Ice Cream is the fountain of youth.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Gronk was on the masked singer a few years ago

Was just gonna post this.

But omg could you imagine the reaction if he really did take off from camp to go be on a reality show?

Doesnt sound like a good leader to me so Im guessing thats not the case

• Like (+1) 1

Having gone through the "this is really serious this time guys, something is going on with Brady" or "he really is in decline" storyline before, I fully expect the outcome to be the following:

1. It's the Masked Singer, and afterward all the Bucs guys laugh at how dumb we all are for believing the "pray for him" comments

2. He is the greatest Masked Singer guest ever and gets universal praise

3. Week 1, during the introductions Stone Cold Steve Austin's music hits at Jerry World and out comes Stone Cold's monster truck. Suddenly Ryan Jensen hops out of the passenger seat totally healthy with no knee injury at all, slams 2 beers at once with Stone Cold, then heads to the star at midfield and gives the stone cold stunner to Dak Prescott. 

4. For the entire game the supposed home town crowd chants "Jensen! and Brady!" in alternate chants

5. Brady throws for 450 yards and 5 TD in a 20+ point blowout win.

6. At the end he does the "aww shucks, golly gee" act when interviewed and the commentators gush about how incredible, amazing, and wonderful he is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think he is about to retire again.

He thought by coming back he could get Gronk to join him which didn't happen.

Then his center went down with a knee injury for the year.

And I am willing to bet he probably isn't thrilled with all the offensive skill position player injuries.

Probably isn't thinking Bowles is about to lead them to a SB after getting a good look at him when he was coaching against him twice a year with the Jets and is now reminded about it daily in practice.

My bet is he retires.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:44 AM, SoMAn said:

I mean, they don't have house keepers?

I can't picture them doing dishes or taking out trash or mowing the lawn.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

On 8/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, SoMAn said:

My business, I'm around a lot of women. That one? Ain't gettin laid

image.png.25a6f8b5cf5856bf7b9ad5fdcc9ee30b.png

• Haha (+1) 1

Any news this past year about Tom Brady is just so "who cares anymore" with me.

This past offseason just seems so desperate for attention.  His comeback from retirement may become a very poor decision.

If his play drops off a cliff, you can bet he will fabricate an "injury" or some other "it's not my fault" story as the cause.

If he embarrasses himself this year. he has no one to blame but himself.

As to the Buc's in general, they are all-in more than any team I've ever have seen.

Next year is crazy with $55M in Void Year contracts alone and another $60M in 3 WRs cap hits and no QB.

There is going to be a huge "fire sale" next year.

• Like (+1) 2

Personally, I think his wife wants him to take a year off before he moves into the booth on his TV deal. Pressure at home may be causing him to have 2nd thoughts about his commitment. Or, he just wanted to come back so he can announce it's his last hurrah. Who knows at this point. Whatever is going on, I do believe that the pressure is coming from the home front. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.