Tom Brady Away From Bucs to "Deal With Some Personal Things"

Gugny

TAMPA, Fla. -- Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady will be away from the team for a period of time to "deal with some personal things," coach Todd Bowles said Thursday.

Bowles said Brady's absence was discussed in advance and that he will return after next week's preseason game against the Tennessee Titans on Aug. 20.

Bowles had previously announced that Brady would not play in the preseason opener Saturday against the Miami Dolphins.

Brady had excused absences last Wednesday -- his previously scheduled off day and also his 45th birthday -- and last Friday. The Buccaneers as a team had an off day last Thursday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34383895/tom-brady-away-tampa-bay-buccaneers-deal-some-personal-things-coach-todd-bowles-says

Translation:  Tommy's got a hangover.

Wondering if there may actually be something going on here.  Maybe Tom is second guessing coming out of retirement now with the injuries at center, and/or something behind the scenes with this whole Dolphins/Ross fiasco, and is now actually re-considering his options?  Not his style to pull a Lebron and basically acknowledge he can do whatever he wants and take time off while the rest of his team works.  Maybe he's finally pulling rank but I'm probably  a little worried if I'm a Bucs fan.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His mom was sick (cancer) at one point… not sure if related 

This is what I had heard, but just as speculation. Even Tom Brady gets my best wishes for his family if this is the case. 

I feel dirty…….

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, hemma said:

Gender change.

As if we’d notice.

I did read somewhere that his genitalia had been missing for some time, so it stands to reason…, 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.