The Plot To Kill John Bolton and Salman Rushdie

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

There’s been a potentially interesting development in the Salman Rushdie stabbing attack. Rushdie is in the hospital in serious condition and his attacker, Hadi Matar, was due to be arraigned this morning. But it turns out that the New York Post and the Associated Press (at a minimum) were told by officials that they could not be present at the arraignment to cover the news.

From the statements being given by authorities in Chautauqua County, no press was to be allowed inside. After the fact, we learned that Matar was being charged with attempted murder in the second degree and assault in the second degree. That doesn’t sound like an unfair set of charges to bring considering the nature of the attack, but the lack of press coverage would cast a shadow of suspicion on the entire affair.

Officials did provide an explanation for the decision, but it seems unusual to say the least. (NY Post)

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/officials-ban-post-and-ap-from-arraignment-of-suspect-in-rushdie-attack/?lctg=6079a542373dd11b6e38368d

How is this anything other than first degree attempted murder?

On 8/12/2022 at 7:05 PM, Andy1 said:

Most immigrants I know work their ass off to carve out some modest success in this country. They emphasize education for their children so they can have a better life. It doesn’t surprise me at all that US citizens have a higher arrest rate. A lot of Americans are lazy, doped up entitled addicts who don’t seem to care about working to succeed in this country. 

I can agree with this, however, if you have open borders, it's much more dangerous for the immigrant, and they don't necessarily have the ability to take care of themselves when they arrive.  It's not a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

How is this anything other than first degree attempted murder?

Because first degree murder in NYS is reserved for killers of police/peace officers, firefighters, material witnesses, etc. as well as felony murders.

Because of all the changes to the ways that NYS punishes those convicted of various murder statutes all three of second degree murder, first degree murder, and aggravated murder are class A-I felonies.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, ChiGoose said:

First off it's illegal immigrants & the reason being is because they know there very well could be consequences if they break the law because they will be deported unlike the spoiled ass entitled Americans that know that there will more than likely be little to know consequences to their actions & if they do have some they can sue someone & more than likely get more than they had prior to breaking the law welcome to the new American dream .

Give the illegal immigrants time to assimilate and they will become as spoiled as the rest of those that take advantage of the system & the dynamic will change .

Edited by T master