The Plot To Kill John Bolton and Salman Rushdie

1 hour ago, Demongyz said:

Perhaps they are easier to find because they have proper documentation.

Most immigrants I know work their ass off to carve out some modest success in this country. They emphasize education for their children so they can have a better life. It doesn’t surprise me at all that US citizens have a higher arrest rate. A lot of Americans are lazy, doped up entitled addicts who don’t seem to care about working to succeed in this country. 

6 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Most immigrants I know work their ass off to carve out some modest success in this country. They emphasize education for their children so they can have a better life. It doesn’t surprise me at all that US citizens have a higher arrest rate. A lot of Americans are lazy, doped up entitled addicts who don’t seem to care about working to succeed in this country. 

Legal or illegal?

• Like (+1) 1

I believe they are legal. I’m not sure if the drive to succeed would be different if you risked your life to get here illegally through Mexico. Most just want to keep their head down and work. Although, I'm sure there are some bad apples as there are in most any group.

12 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I believe they are legal. I’m not sure if the drive to succeed would be different if you risked your life to get here illegally through Mexico. Most just want to keep their head down and work. Although, I'm sure there are some bad apples as there are in most any group.

The vast majority are here to work, but that’s no excuse at all for simply walking into a country illegally. 

• Like (+1) 1

SALMAN RUSHDIE ON A VENTILATOR, LIKELY TO LOSE AN EYE AFTER ON-STAGE ATTACK:

“The news is not good,” the 75-year-old writer’s agent, Andrew Wylie, told The New York Times.

“Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged,” said Wylie.

Rushdie, who is still unable to speak, was attacked by a lone man while speaking at an event at the Chautauqua Institution in Chautauqua, NY, about 75 miles south of Buffalo.

Related: The best response to Salman Rushdie’s stabbing.

What happened in New York today cannot be allowed to win. The illiterate cannot be allowed to dictate the rules of literature.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/12/salman-rushdie-on-a-ventilator-likely-to-lose-an-eye-after-attack/

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/12/nyregion/salman-rushdie-stabbed-new-york

https://spectatorworld.com/book-and-art/best-response-salman-rushdie-stabbing-iran-new-york/

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So if, say, the guy instead was talking supporting abortion rights and people told him to shut up, you'd be fine with it and think it's "great"?  And this is coming from an atheist.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

So if, say, the guy instead was talking supporting abortion rights and people told him to shut up, you'd be fine with it and think it's "great"?  And this is coming from an atheist.

If he was just standing there going on at people about abortion? 

STFU!!!! For sure 

There’s been a potentially interesting development in the Salman Rushdie stabbing attack. Rushdie is in the hospital in serious condition and his attacker, Hadi Matar, was due to be arraigned this morning. But it turns out that the New York Post and the Associated Press (at a minimum) were told by officials that they could not be present at the arraignment to cover the news.

From the statements being given by authorities in Chautauqua County, no press was to be allowed inside. After the fact, we learned that Matar was being charged with attempted murder in the second degree and assault in the second degree. That doesn’t sound like an unfair set of charges to bring considering the nature of the attack, but the lack of press coverage would cast a shadow of suspicion on the entire affair.

Officials did provide an explanation for the decision, but it seems unusual to say the least. (NY Post)

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/officials-ban-post-and-ap-from-arraignment-of-suspect-in-rushdie-attack/?lctg=6079a542373dd11b6e38368d

On 8/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

Most of it is religion on religion violence.  My God is better than your God stuff.

sometimes based on small differences. my god is exactly the same but says you shouldn't eat fish on tuesdays. i hate you heathens!! we are advanced enough to understand that thinking is ingrained in human nature. to be tribalistic. yet people in today's society think they can exterminate it by EMPHASIZING our differences. as if there isn't a long history where that thinking is the ideology where hatred has always thrived and the pretenses to the worst things ever committed in humanity. sad to watch it quickly taking over ours under the camouflage of empathy in real time. i don't think unity and understanding will be the end result but i also don't have a sociology degree and need a reason to justify a paycheck either. anti bullying and respecting each other as equals aren't new exciting concepts that require advanced  degrees to teach.

Edited by Buffarukus