Training Camp practice 8/11 - last one at Fisher

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I've sort of been talking in two threads - yesterday's practice and today's.   Sorry.  What I said in the other thread is that the disproportion in the number dlinemen acquired, and the amount they're spending on them, is intentional.   What I said was that after the QB,  they believe they need defense, and the key to defense is eight rotating defensive linemen.  That's their view, I think. Look at the record:  Oliver, Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham, Settle, Jones, Philips, Lawson, MIller.  Hard to think that's a coincidence; it was intentional.   It's an interesting approach.  

Beane is great but he has missed on a number of DL FAs.  Yes, they want a decent DL.   I think he may have the right recipe this year.

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Listening to Allen talk about how he enjoys the togetherness of being here at St John Fisher.  Imagine if Arron Rodgers were the Bills QB.  He's likely tell the team he'll meet up with them when they get back to Orchard Park.

I think Palmer is right….they’re going to build a statue of Allen in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

I am nitpicking but I heard several reports on local TV today stating that “training camp is over”.  Ummm…that would not be true. 

While most teams don't go to a remote location for training camp, "training camp has traditionally referred to the time that teams spend at a remote location.  Of course, the Bills will continue training and practicing at the team facility in Orchard Park.   The schedule may change, and, of course, fans won't have the access to practices that they do at SJF.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane is great but he has missed on a number of DL FAs.  Yes, they want a decent DL.   I think he may have the right recipe this year.

I didn't say, and didn't mean to say, that he's hit on everything he did.   I listed those guys to demonstrate the level of commitment that Beane has to the position.   Of course, he may have missed, and maybe not.  We'll see.   But whether he's hit or missed, he's spending picks and cap space on the position. 

• Like (+1) 1

Read some good stuff about Morris and Sweeney over the past couple of weeks,  Not much good stuff about Howard, who never seems to be mentioned in these small, ‘extra teaching’ drills mentioned by Astro.  Makes me wonder if he doesn’t need the teaching or is just a bit disinterested.

“After the tight ends go off the field, the wide receivers work on different routes, and Coach Boras spends a lot of time with Quintin Morris and then Knox.”

i think when competitions are tight, small stuff matters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.