Training Camp practice 8/11 - last one at Fisher

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Pretty sure he means that he is doing well enough in camp that they don’t need to see anything from him in preseason game 1. 

I think we all get what he may have been trying to say, it’s just that his inability to say it is kind of funny.  Maybe Opie skipped too many English classes.

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

They SHOULD have the best defense due to all the money and high draft picks that they continue to dump into it. 

If you want to believe that it's fine.  I see it more long term than myopically.  Just to give an example:

2023 Cap hits for Allen and Diggs is $60M.  

Go back and look at the number of picks used to acquire those 2 players.  I'm not going to list them all, but it's a friggin' lot!

2023 Cap hits for the next 2 players (Von and Tre) $24M.

A #27 overall pick.

I thank Brandon Beane knowing the true cost of players on both sides of the ball and continuing to balance this team the right way.

It's a blessing to us fans.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm really, like really excited to see Shakir play. 

But how will it look with Keenum and Barkley throwing the ball?

We might have to wait till Shakir get in in the regular season…. See Shakir pop open and the Ball will be there, right in his hands and we’ll see a bit of RAC….

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Autograph seekers are somewhere on the wrong end of the Darwin chart.

2015 was the first time at training camp where the hype hit a stupid point with the team (thanks Rex lol). I remember some head scratching stuff then.

This year has hit a level I didn't think was possible between Josh/Diggs getting pelted with merch and now people using rope to hang stuff.

Ya'll need to find jesus! lol this is insane

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

2015 was the first time at training camp where the hype hit a stupid point with the team (thanks Rex lol). I remember some head scratching stuff then.

This year has hit a level I didn't think was possible between Josh/Diggs getting pelted with merch and now people using rope to hang stuff.

Ya'll need to find jesus! lol this is insane

Poor Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay used to stand in the tunnel with a fresh sharpie for hours and couldnt give away an autograph.  I saw Ashton Youboty pay a kid $15 to sign his hat.  My how the times change.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

But how will it look with Keenum and Barkley throwing the ball?

We might have to wait till Shakir get in in the regular season…. See Shakir pop open and the Ball will be there, right in his hands and we’ll see a bit of RAC….

They are still NFL QB’s.  They aren’t starters but they are able to complete passes.

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

They SHOULD have the best defense due to all the money and high draft picks that they continue to dump into it. 

As I noted in a thread a while back, over the last two years, the Bills have brought in 28 offensive players and 21 defensive players via the draft or free agency. 

But yes, I don't think there is a question that the defense will be better (even if they don't repeat statistically as the #1 defense).

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.