Brady to Julio (Here we go)

Chicken Boo

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Julio must have skied for 8 - 12 inches there. 

Still like Julio, but I'm glad we're not having to count on him. I'm sure Tampa is too, as Godwin will come back and they can keep the demands a bit light on Julio. Oughta be interesting.

I think he's in a perfect situation where he doesn't have to be alpha Julio for a full season, but for those weeks that he is...look out!

Edited by Chicken Boo

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Been watching this game a long time.  Injury is the only thing that's going to stop this combination.  Too much talent, too much experience.  

https://youtu.be/zb6vYbvGyuU

I mean literally every single Bills camp there are WR's making this same play (and better ones) who don't make our roster or even the PS.  So I think you are over exaggerating a pretty standard completed pass during soft practice drills.   

Julio is a sure fire hall of famer and he might have a bounce back year.  But he isn't going to be anything near what he was in Atlanta, especially sharing targets with 2 other pro bowl WR's who are younger and have rapport and experience already with Brady.  So this combo doesn't scare me, not to mention, Brady's OL is gonna be worse, so he might be running for his life there in a real game and not even make that throw.  

So, this post feels over exaggerated a bit IMHO.  And I would take Gave Davis this year 100 times over Julio Jones this year, so if this is some back door disappointment thread we didn't sign Julio, then my thoughts are good, we didn't need him.  We don't need OBJ either, but at least he can run out of the slot if by some off chance we sign him later.  But we honestly don't really need OBJ either.  

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Been watching this game a long time.  Injury is the only thing that's going to stop this combination.  Too much talent, too much experience.  

If Tampa picks up Don Maynard then the rest of the league is toast.  He matches up perfectly with Brady.

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean literally every single Bills camp there are WR's making this same play (and better ones) who don't make our roster or even the PS.  So I think you are over exaggerating a pretty standard completed pass during soft practice drills.   

Julio is a sure fire hall of famer and he might have a bounce back year.  But he isn't going to be anything near what he was in Atlanta, especially sharing targets with 2 other pro bowl WR's who are younger and have rapport and experience already with Brady.  So this combo doesn't scare me, not to mention, Brady's OL is gonna be worse, so he might be running for his life there in a real game and not even make that throw.  

So, this post feels over exaggerated a bit IMHO.  And I would take Gave Davis this year 100 times over Julio Jones this year, so if this is some back door disappointment thread we didn't sign Julio, then my thoughts are good, we didn't need him.  We don't need OBJ either, but at least he can run out of the slot if by some off chance we sign him later.  But we honestly don't really need OBJ either.  

I disagree and find it strange how people are dismissing the Brady to Julio connection.  This could be far more lethal than Brady to Brown.  

And no, this isn't a "We should have signed Julio" post, but this will indeed be an "I told you so" if they light the league up this season.  

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I disagree and find it strange how people are dismissing the Brady to Julio connection.  This could be far more lethal than Brady to Brown.  

And no, this isn't a "We should have signed Julio" post, but this will indeed be an "I told you so" if they light the league up this season.  

If its not a "We should have signed Julio" message here, then what exactly are you going to be saying "I told you so" about?  

I mean, Julio may or may not have a good season in TB...but honestly, who cares one way or another?  He was never an option here, never pursued by the Bills, and has no relevancy to Buffalo Bills in any capacity.  So don't know what it is you are seeking being "right about" here on TSW.

Talent isn't the issue with Julio, age and health is.  He has missed 7 games each of the last 2 seasons, and staying healthy at his age doesn't get easier.  So its entirely possible he has a bounce back year considering how bad his last season was, where even if he had played all 17 games last year, his totals would have been the lowest of his career at 53 rec and 730 yards with 2 TDs.

But again, why would any of us care if he does or doesn't?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

I can't help but wonder if Julio Jones' 2022 season will be a lot like Emmanuel Sanders' 2021 season.

That is: he'll have a dynamite first six games or so, where he seems fresh and fast and like his old self...but then age and aches will catch up with him and he'll start to look slow and old. 

It's okay if that DOES happen. Jones really just needs to give them a strong first quarter to half of the season. By that point, Godwin and Gage should be back to full strength, and Gronk may or may not have come out of retirement and gotten back up to speed.

One thing's for sure: anyone who counts out Tom Brady or any of his receivers does so at his own peril. He's got a giant horseshoe up his ass.

16 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think the over/under on Julio’s games played is going to be like 8. I guess if they can squeeze 7 or 8 healthy games out of him, maybe it was worth it? 

Greatest WR I've seen in my ADULT lifetime (I'm 34, too much of Moss career i was a kid). I'm hoping he's smart enough and maybe Brady is able to influence him to play differently.

Time to put down the battering ram, slip out of bounds or get down a yard before contact, live to fight another day.

Edited by BillsShredder83

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If its not a "We should have signed Julio" message here, then what exactly are you going to be saying "I told you so" about?  

I mean, Julio may or may not have a good season in TB...but honestly, who cares one way or another?  He was never an option here, never pursued by the Bills, and has no relevancy to Buffalo Bills in any capacity.  So don't know what it is you are seeking being "right about" here on TSW.

The "I told you so" will be in the vein of when Randy Moss was traded to NE and everyone said that he was washed and past his prime, when I and plenty of others knew exactly what was to come.

Edited by Chicken Boo

21 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Of all the QB/WR combos to be afraid of... you pick this one?

Herbert to Keenan Allen and Mike Williams?

Burrow to Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins?

sheeeeeiiiit, I'd even give you Russ Wilson to Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton.

Instead you pick a 33 year old WR who hasn't been healthy in years and a 45 year old QB.

Cool.

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Of all the QB/WR combos to be afraid of... you pick this one?

Herbert to Keenan Allen and Mike Williams?

Burrow to Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins?

sheeeeeiiiit, I'd even give you Russ Wilson to Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton.

Instead you pick a 33 year old WR who hasn't been healthy in years and a 45 year old QB.

Cool.

How many rings between all those players you listed?

That 45 year old QB just won the Super Bowl 2 years ago.  

*For the record, I'm high on the combos you've listed, particularly the Broncos, but none of them are Brady.  I've given up waiting on him to hit the wall.

Edited by Chicken Boo

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

How many rings between all those players you listed?

That 45 year old QB just won the Super Bowl 2 years ago.  

*For the record, I'm high on the combos you've listed, particularly the Broncos, but none of them are Brady.  I've given up waiting on him to hit the wall.

For a thread that seems to be about Julio having a big season, you seem to just keep talking about Brady.

Julio is 33, coming off the worst season of his entire career (and worst by a lot) and coming off back to back seasons where he missed at least 7 games.

And he’s coming into a team that overall got worse not better this offseason, especially on the OL and is the third option once Godwin is officially back on the field.  

And you want to compare this to a pissed off 29 year old Randy Moss getting traded to the Pats to play with prime Brady as the number 1 target in NE when it had its best offense in history?  

Funniest part about that comparison, is in Randy’s season where he was Julio’s age, he had 28 total receptions for 393 yards playing for 3 different teams in one season (Pats, Vikings, and Titans).  

Sorry but these situations are not similar.  Can Julio have a bounce back gear compared to his pitiful career worst last year, sure it’s possible.  Comparing it to Randy Moss joining NE feels extremely unlikely and far fetched.  

But again, who the heck cares?  What is your obsession over this if it’s not about the Bills?  Like this thread makes no sense unless you’re trying to make some point Julio should be a Bill…which he never was a candidate to be in the first place.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For a thread that seems to be about Julio having a big season, you seem to just keep talking about Brady.

Julio is 33, coming off the worst season of his entire career (and worst by a lot) and coming off back to back seasons where he missed at least 7 games.

And he’s coming into a team that overall got worse not better this offseason, especially on the OL and is the third option once Godwin is officially back on the field.  

And you want to compare this to a pissed off 29 year old Randy Moss getting traded to the Pats to play with prime Brady as the number 1 target in NE when it had its best offense in history?  

Funniest part about that comparison, is in Randy’s season where he was Julio’s age, he had 28 total receptions for 393 yards playing for 3 different teams in one season (Pats, Vikings, and Titans).  

Sorry but these situations are not similar.  Can Julio have a bounce back gear compared to his pitiful career worst last year, sure it’s possible.  Comparing it to Randy Moss joining NE feels extremely unlikely and far fetched.  

But again, who the heck cares?  What is your obsession over this if it’s not about the Bills?  Like this thread makes no sense unless you’re trying to make some point Julio should be a Bill…which he never was a candidate to be in the first place.  

My obsession?  How many times have you responded now?

It's a slow off-season.  This is football.  Julio's success is directly tied to his QB.   Why wouldn't Brady be a big part of this discussion?  

Julio's past 2 years have been marred by injury not by poor play, as you're suggesting.  You'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

My obsession?  How many times have you responded now?

It's a slow off-season.  This is football.  Julio's success is directly tied to his QB.   Why wouldn't Brady be a big part of this discussion?  

Julio's past 2 years have been marred by injury not by poor play, as you're suggesting.  You'll see.

In 10 healthy games he averaged 3 Rec for 40 yards last season with 1 TD.  So his play was down and he’s battling injuries.  

It’s all good, just seemed like a weird thread to start where you seemingly took a victory lap over a routine catch in practice with people playing half speed and announced all the I told you so’s you plan to do.  

And I’m not even saying he can’t bounce back, although I doubt he does to the levels you’re expecting.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.