Patriots' offense is a disaster per The Athletic's beat reporter

Inigo Montoya

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

jack nicholson smile GIF

Posted this in another thread - but appropriate here as well.

The Humiliation of Aaron Rodgers and Mac Jones
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2022/humiliation-aaron-rodgers-and-mac-jones

The Patriots' biggest problem isn't that clueless Matt Patricia is calling the offensive plays with Bill Belichick looming over his shoulder and waiting for him to make a mistake like a toxic Little League dad. No, the Patriots' biggest problem is that they lack any speed whatsoever on offense...Josh McDaniels could scheme these slow-pokes open AND do a fine job of keeping the Patriots ahead of the sticks so Jones wouldn't be forced to flutter too many third-/fourth-down deep shots. And even McDaniels needed Jets-caliber opponents or typhoon-force winds to maintain the illusion. Patricia doesn't stand a chance while operating out of Baby's First Playbook. When your greatest offensive highlight is Ty Montgomery rolling into the end zone after a flair pass to break a shutout late in the third quarter, it's a sure sign that your team lacks the sizzle it needs to hang with opponents such as the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

On 8/26/2022 at 11:16 PM, In Summary said:

Tantrums are unbecoming in adult men.

Tell that to Kyler…, 

Watching that game yesterday, the Pats offense IS a disaster. Mac was making mistakes all day and has an average arm at best. They had Damien Harris looking good running the ball, but kept plugging in Stevenson anyway who averaged like 3 ypc. The WR's are meh, the OL is meh, the play calling was small town HS esque, and the execution was terrible. They'll be fortunate to win 6 games this year imo. But, hopefully, that will be enough to keep them from landing Young or Stroud. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Watching that game yesterday, the Pats offense IS a disaster. Mac was making mistakes all day and has an average arm at best. They had Damien Harris looking good running the ball, but kept plugging in Stevenson anyway who averaged like 3 ypc. The WR's are meh, the OL is meh, the play calling was small town HS esque, and the execution was terrible. They'll be fortunate to win 6 games this year imo. But, hopefully, that will be enough to keep them from landing Young or Stroud. 

Your win total seems awfully generous. I imagine they can beat the Jets and Bears at home, maybe get one over on the Lions and away @ARI. Next week @PIT is a pretty big barometer for where they're going, they lose that one and 4-13 seems realistic unless Belichick wakes up and hires Sean Payton or something.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard to believe they were contending for the division last season and have turned into this hot mess this season.  

Bellicheat should have retired when he was ahead.

I said it before and I'll ay it again, Josh McDaniels was more important to them than anyone ever thought. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I said it before and I'll ay it again, Josh McDaniels was more important to them than anyone ever thought. 

At least he's a competent offensive coordinator. Seems like Belichick wanted to get Patricia back in the house without taking any power/standing in the org from his kids.

There's something about NE that makes them a perennial topic on OBD.  

I know I have to read the thread, but we should just forget about them here and be looking at who the Bills should be competing against this year (i.e. Balt, KC, LAC, Den.....) and upcoming opponents.

Yes every NE loss and the offense looking bad brings a smile to my face, but shouldn't be a thread here.  

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know I have to read the thread, but we should just forget about them here and be looking at who the Bills should be competing against this year (i.e. Balt, KC, LAC, Den.....) and upcoming opponents.

Yes every NE loss and the offense looking bad brings a smile to my face, but shouldn't be a thread here.  

It's a division rival.  This topic is about how bad their offense looks and it still looks bad.  There is 11 pages about it.

Its perfectly acceptable for this to be a thread.

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's a division rival.  This topic is about how bad their offense looks and it still looks bad.  There is 11 pages about it.

Its perfectly acceptable for this to be a thread.

so it begins!

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, wjag said:

The wounds are deep.

That's the point, we are obsessed, so seeing them struggle (i.e. last two Bills game and game one vs. Miami) makes a Bills fan smile ear to ear. 

And don't forget how cocky they were (at least their fans and many in the media) after the Monday Night Hurricane game.... 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard to believe they were contending for the division last season and have turned into this hot mess this season.  

Bellicheat should have retired when he was ahead.

Since TB left, BB has been playing a shell game with scheming all different things.  I also think the Patriots mystique has helped

them win some games.  Starting at the end of last season all that started to fall apart.

This year's free agency did not help the situation at all.  BB has nothing left to work with and teams are smelling blood in the water.

BB should have retired, but I truly believe that TB success without him is killing his ego.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.