Doctor on Buffalo Fanatics discussing Tre White recovery - link removed

CorkScrewHill

I’m a doc. Everyone is different when it comes to recovery from any injury. I think Week 1 is a pipe dream unless Tre has had a remarkable recovery and they are comfortable giving him a few reps to start to come back. This staff is appropriately conservative when it comes to recovery from injuries so I’m not concerned at all they will rush him back too quick.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why not the PUP. You get 2 weeks less for IR but it costs a roster spot. Will say that McBeane has shown a willing ness to do that to immediately use IR for some players. 

He’s been on the PUP since camp started and I can’t see them moving him off that to the IR.

• Agree 1

He needs those TB12 StemCell/HgH cocktails, Godwin must’ve gotten the hookup bc he’s back in camp after tearing his ACL about a month after White.  Even if Tre’s injury is slightly worse, I can’t see him being out until week 8 since he’s had an entire extra month to recover, while Godwin is already out there running routes.

There is no way he is back before that week 8 game.  

He didn't have the surgery until around the 2nd week of December if I remember correctly.

You won't see him back before the end of October.    

That's why we all new CB was going to be that 1st pick.  And Benford is doing well.  Imagine hitting on both those picks.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

He’s been on the PUP since camp started and I can’t see them moving him off that to the IR.

Agree I was responding to a post that said put him on the IR til week 4. PUP is my preference if he’s not good to go because you get a roster spot and allow him to heal a bit longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chase Young tore his ACL a week before Tre did. Washington announced last week that Young will be out at least a game or 2 in the regular season.

Young is about 70lbs heavier than Tre, so maybe that factors into the timeline.

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He didn't have the surgery until around the 2nd week of December if I remember correctly.

That's why we all new CB was going to be that 1st pick.  And Benford is doing well.  Imagine hitting on both those picks.  

Even 10 months is on the long side and as far as we have been told there are no complications it was a clean tear. 9 months is a normal ACL timeline. To me that means Tre fully healthy in terms of not feeling any effects from the injury by week 1. That doesn't mean I expect him to play week 1, I don't, because he then needs 3 or 4 weeks to work himself into football shape. I have said above I expect him on the field week 4 at the latest because I thought the IR rules were still three games... I see the rule has changed this year to 4 games... so I am revising my prediction to week 5 at the latest. But I still think there is a better than average chance that Tre starts the season on the active roster even if he is a gameday inactive for the first couple of games. 

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Chase Young tore his ACL a week before Tre did. Washington announced last week that Young will be out at least a game or 2 in the regular season.

That feels the right timeline to me. 

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I never expected him back until mid-season. Where did the idea that he could be back week 1 come from? Just the fact that the Bills haven't brought in another vet or was there an actual Tre White update that I missed?

From Brandon Beane and Leslie Frazier 

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Chris Godwin tore his after Tre and he’s already cleared and back to practice. Everyone is different. 

8 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why not the PUP. You get 2 weeks less for IR but it costs a roster spot. Will say that McBeane has shown a willing ness to do that to immediately use IR for some players. 

PUP is 4 weeks now, not 6

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I don’t know how qualified he is to make the analysis, but more than me certainly. He feels that Tre is about 80% back and would recommend they hold him out until after the bye (week 8).

I would hope he would be back sooner but definitely care more about him being healthy for the stretch run.

Again this is click bait garbage.  Everything points to him being ahead of schedule.

Coaches, GM, mouth pieces for the team all talk about week 1 and being on schedule.

Media with direct contacts and knowledge are all suggesting week 1

Now even ESPN after talking to the team - Fowler is pointing to a return to practice sooner.

The latest studies show tons of players getting back in 7-8 months with new surgeries and new recovery/training techniques.

Heck Chris Godwin has been cleared already and he tore his ACL several weeks later.

I believe Tre has not been cleared yet solely because the Bills are being cautious.  I think based upon everything they have said - he could practice right now, but there is no reason to - give the young guys time to play and bring him in as we go.

I would be surprised if he is not activated from PUP and is on the active roster for week 1.  Whether he plays or not will be a decision, but I would not be surprised to see him start and get maybe 10% of the snaps with a week plus off to let him recover.

4 hours ago, 947 said:

And Chris Godwin tore his week 15 and is already back and practicing.  

• CorkScrewHill changed the title to Doctor on Buffalo Fanatics discussing Tre White recovery - link removed
1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Thanks so no reason to put him on IR?

Only if you need a roster spot. But then you use up one of the 8 spots where players can return from IR during the season. And if he is on pup, he can be activated and practice as soon as the 4 weeks is up instead of having to cut someone so he can be activated 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only if you need a roster spot. But then you use up one of the 8 spots where players can return from IR during the season. And if he is on pup, he can be activated and practice as soon as the 4 weeks is up instead of having to cut someone so he can be activated 

So basically no reason.  I aint mad at it.  Thanks again.  big clarification

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I will bet you a large amount of money he’s back WEEKS before week 8. Have you been living under a rock for the last 15-20 years? We’ve seen a ton of players return in a timely manner from these things. 

like people in this thread have said. Godwin tore his knee AFTER white and is already practicing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.