Doctor on Buffalo Fanatics discussing Tre White recovery - link removed

CorkScrewHill

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I never expected him back until mid-season. Where did the idea that he could be back week 1 come from? Just the fact that the Bills haven't brought in another vet or was there an actual Tre White update that I missed?

Well the coach and DC have said he is on pace or ahead of schedule that was set after the surgery, but they are not rushing him.  I don’t know, but it seems like you would target the start of the season as it was nearly 9 months out.

Maddy Glab and Chris Brown have both talked multiple times this summer that in discussion he is ahead of schedule and looking like a plan for being activated for week 1.  The general consensus from the people around the team and guys like Sal from over the summer seems to be that he will be ready for limited action week 1.

Mark Gaughan in July reported that after several discussions that the most recent group of players have been seeing activity at or earlier than 9 months including multiple college players at 5 and 7 months respectively using newer recovery techniques and he was pegging the season opener as his comeback.

Basically everyone associated with the team or with team contacts are saying he is on or ahead of schedule, but they are not telling you the exact schedule.  We will see where he goes, but with the timing and the new rehab the Bills have - like 0 weight treadmills in the water - he has already been doing things that in the past could not be done until much later.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

I’d like a 2nd opinion.  

Instead of a thigh doctor, is a knee doctor available?

I think dr Kyle trimble was more high on him being ready. He’s on joe Marino during season but was on cover 1 recently 

Edited by YattaOkasan

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Until we hear about a setback he should be practicing soon. I think the Bills take advantage of the 4 week IR however.

Why not the PUP. You get 2 weeks less for IR but it costs a roster spot. Will say that McBeane has shown a willing ness to do that to immediately use IR for some players. 

Everyone says doing work before 9 months post surgery is playing with fire. He had his surgery 12/10. That would have him returning to practice 9/10. They aren't going to just throw him straight into the starting lineup on Game Day. He'll probably need a week or two of Practice.

So I see Week 3 as the absolute soonest he could possibly come back. Probably closer to Weeks 4-6 to be safe.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I don’t know how qualified he is to make the analysis, but more than me certainly. He feels that Tre is about 80% back and would recommend they hold him out until after the bye (week 8).

I would hope he would be back sooner but definitely care more about him being healthy for the stretch run.

yea, did you get the clicks you wanted? this dr has no clue..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.