Training Camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I have been so excited about the Von, Oliver, Jones, Groot starting lineup I have to admit I have not thought much about Tim (great first name) Settle.

I was happy with the signing, but if this guy can repeat/exceed what his 2020 stats were (5 sacks, 5 TFLs) with only 33% of the snaps, it could be

fun to watch.

Same here.. I think the starting unit of Von - Oliver - Jones - Rousseau "could" be the best DL in the NFL.  Then the second wave of guys have a huge ceiling of potential in Epenesa - Settle - Phillips - Basham.  If the young guys make any kind of jump... sheesh. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Same here.. I think the starting unit of Von - Oliver - Jones - Rousseau "could" be the best DL in the NFL.  Then the second wave of guys have a huge ceiling of potential in Epenesa - Settle - Phillips - Basham.  If the young guys make any kind of jump... sheesh. 

So true.  What I just starting to consider is beyond the normal rotation, the options Washington and Frazier have in situational alignment.

Pure passing, short yardage and the like, they will have a lot of choices with melding both the 1s and 2s with some interesting combinations.

It's an interesting set of skills and talent and I'm really hoping Beane and company have finally got this DL thing done right.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Thanks Astro as always.

Off Topic Note:  Great saying that Astro posted from his father's wisdom.

My Dad always said, “The harder a decision is to make, the less it will matter.” Think on that.

Astro mentions Rasheem Blackshear favorably again.  Others have too.  Looks like the young man has a good chance at a PS spot.

Quinton Morris with a "Catch of the Day".  Having a good camp.  Probably a PS again for him unless he is in a battle for TE3 if the Bills

go that route.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

It would prove my original theory that McD knows DBs and can coach up a late rounder into a solid player. I never thought we needed a first round corner, but whatever…

The thing is, "coaching up" only works up to a point.  It can make a guy into a solid player, sure.  And at the end of the day, a physically limited hardworking, well coached guy will get whupped by a physically gifted, hardworking, well coached guy

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I was gonna say this.  Elway looks like he's been "ridden hard and put away wet"

I stumbled on a good one the other day from Tommy Lasorda talking about Hank Bauer, a baseball manager from way back when that collected a suitcase of medals as a Marine back in WW2.

Tommy Lasorda on Bauer: "This guy's tough.  He had a face that looked like it'd hold two days of rain."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Elam gets his hands on you it's over...as in, he'll get called for holding. He was grabby in college. 

I was worried about the OL. But lordy, corners are a wreck.

Edited by Airseven
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.