Training Camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, finn said:

Agree, except that I always thought it would be nice to have more than solid opposite White. Did the Bills every have two excellent corners?

Yes, in 2003. I'd even go so far as to say 3. Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements and Terrence McGee as Nickel.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think one of the best points I heard made about why Elam was the pick is that as much as we love Tre, Poyer, Hyde and Taron Johnson, none of them are athletic freaks by NFL standards. I think they are arguably the best DB group in the league, but that's because they are masters of techique, instincts and have found there place in a defensive scheme that maximizes them. To defend a Tyreek Hill, everything needs to go perfectly.

One wrong angle, and 13 seconds was enough time to wreck us.

Ideally, Elam can grow into that role, to be the one who can jam ultra speedy/big receivers instead of finessing it.

I don’t know. If Tre was on the field at the end I’d like to think it would of went differently. He always put himself in the right position. It was rare to see him out of position.

56 minutes ago, finn said:

Agree, except that I always thought it would be nice to have more than solid opposite White. Did the Bills every have two excellent corners?

Winfield and Clements were the last pair of excellent corners imo.

unless we consider taron excellent 

Edited by NewEra

58 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think one of the best points I heard made about why Elam was the pick is that as much as we love Tre, Poyer, Hyde and Taron Johnson, none of them are athletic freaks by NFL standards. I think they are arguably the best DB group in the league, but that's because they are masters of techique, instincts and have found there place in a defensive scheme that maximizes them. To defend a Tyreek Hill, everything needs to go perfectly.

One wrong angle, and 13 seconds was enough time to wreck us.

Ideally, Elam can grow into that role, to be the one who can jam ultra speedy/big receivers instead of finessing it.

I would also say you cant pay all of them forever.  I believe Tre's contract is up in about 4 years so is also good to have his contract ending when were looking to pay Elam.  I think the plan makes a lot of sense to maintain an elite pass D

37 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

You can see Josh working on ball placement with that throw. Up and away so he could box out a defensive back so they wouldn't have a chance.

I also like how quick he gets it out.  Don't think he really gets the laces much.  One little rotation to feel it a bit better but gets it out of his hand ASAP.  lets Gabe really get a good look at it while he has some space to work with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.