Training Camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Imagine if Benford winds up winning the CB job, I still think Eliam will figure it out and be a great CB. 

I think Benford is a pleasant surprise at this point

I also think Elam is just be scrutinize heavier because of draft status, where Benford is being praised for the same reason, because nobody had any real big expectations

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 11

20 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Imagine if Benford winds up winning the CB job, I still think Eliam will figure it out and be a great CB. 

It would prove my original theory that McD knows DBs and can coach up a late rounder into a solid player. I never thought we needed a first round corner, but whatever…

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He shouldn't have worn an under shirt....

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It would prove my original theory that McD knows DBs and can coach up a late rounder into a solid player. I never thought we needed a first round corner, but whatever…

True.  The last 1st round corner we drafted didn't turn out any better than the late rounders we drafted.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I think Benford is a pleasant surprise at this point

I also think Elam is just be scrutinize heavier because of draft status, where Benford is being praised for the same reason, because nobody had any real big expectations

Agreed. Elam is probably still playing better than Benford, and definitely has a higher ceiling, but Benford stands out more because he comes with lower expectations.

• Agree 4

18 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Agree, except that I always thought it would be nice to have more than solid opposite White. Did the Bills every have two excellent corners?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

Agree, except that I always thought it would be nice to have more than solid opposite White. Did the Bills every have two excellent corners?

Yep, and with the league the way it is you need multiple very capable players to play DB.... And a few waiting in the wings

Its a pass 1st league

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, finn said:

I think one of the best points I heard made about why Elam was the pick is that as much as we love Tre, Poyer, Hyde and Taron Johnson, none of them are athletic freaks by NFL standards. I think they are arguably the best DB group in the league, but that's because they are masters of techique, instincts and have found there place in a defensive scheme that maximizes them. To defend a Tyreek Hill, everything needs to go perfectly.

One wrong angle, and 13 seconds was enough time to wreck us.

Ideally, Elam can grow into that role, to be the one who can jam ultra speedy/big receivers instead of finessing it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.