NFL Top 100 starts Sunday 14 August 2022 .. Who's your top 10?

wjag

1. Josh Allen

2. Patrick Mahomes

3. Aaron Donald

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. TJ Watt

6. Cooper Kupp

7. Myles Garrett

8. Jalen Ramsey

9. Trent Williams

10. Devante Adams

I tried to rank it by "unplayablility" when at their peak in 2021. I think in his best games last year Josh was the most unplayable player in the league. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I’m sure Mahomes 75% completion rate, 378 3 TDs + 6 rushes for 69 yards + rushing td had nothing to do with it.

i didn’t say he was the only reason joshs season ended.  I said he ended joshs season.  He literally did.  Not sure if you saw the pass to Kelce in OT over good coverage from Milano.   But yeah….,  think w/e you want

how do you think he racked up most of those numbers.  You said he literally ended Josh’s season.  That’s just false.  

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how do you think he racked up most of those numbers.  You said he literally ended Josh’s season.  That’s just false.  

“Ending” ones season can be seen from several different perspectives.  

Which play ended the game?  A perfect Mahomes to Kelce pass against good defense and a good defensive play call.  We played it fine, Mahomes played it better.  That was the last play of our season…..  not sure how you can say that Mahomes didn’t end our season.  He “literally” ended it with that pass.  The last play of our season.  Literal

Several other factors contributed to our season ending, including Frazier, McD, our pass rush not containing Mahomes, our defense not being able to stop Mahomes and Co, our ST coach, Tyreek hill, Travis Kelce, tredavious whites injury…..etc…..

Mahomes isn’t the only reason our season season ended…..but Mahomes did LITERALLY end our season.  My comment is far from false.  You’re pulling hairs.

Edited by NewEra
  • Disagree 2

I really have little use for these "top XX" lists...so why, you ask, am I posting in this thread?  Good question.  I guess just to say that Josh Allen is a top 10 player in the NFL, and I don't need any list to tell me that.

Go Bills!

15 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

1. Josh Allen

2. Josh Allen

3. Josh Allen

4. Josh Allen

5. Josh Allen

6 Josh Allen

7. Josh Allen

8. Josh Allen

9. Josh Allen

10. Isiah McKenzie

Faces of the franchise 😁👍

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes should be over Allen for last season imo.  Allen may be the better QB, but Mahomes ended 17s season.  

those talking about Brady and stafford being below him…..allen had a better season than both imo….and neither of them ended Allens season.  

based on how the season unfolded: 

Donald-  best player on the championship team-   Might the best player in the league.  

mahomes- not the best regular season, but ended strong and ended 17s season

Rodgers- best regular season- failed in the playoffs yet again. Allen is better, but I think he’ll be #3 due to the mvp.  

Allen-  best player in the playoffs but team came up short…..didn’t have the best regular season compared to Rodgers.  Gotta beat the best to be the best.  Close but no cigar.  

Let’s be clear, the Bills defensive play calling ended #17’s season.  

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah....you also said tredavious whites injury ended our season.  See how that works

lots of factors contributed to our season ending loss.  Mahomes’ pass to Kielce ended the season.  We had a chance to stop them in OT.  We didn’t.  Machines drove down and sealed it

See how what works?  I said a coin flip and the defense ended the Bills' season.  White was/is part of the defense.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

See how what works?  I said a coin flip and the defense ended the Bills' season.  White was/is part of the defense.

Lots of factors ended our season.....  mahomes great play that game was also one of those reasons.  Including his game winning pass that literally ended it

edit:  I repeat, mahomes isn’t the only factor that ended our season.  He is partially responsible 

Edited by NewEra
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Rigotz said:

At this point, nobody should be voting for Josh Allen above Pat Mahomes.

Hate to say it, but our guy doesn't have an MVP or a Super Bowl.

You need to put Qbs in front of him who DO have those credentials and similar impact on the game.

My personal list:

1 Pat Mahomes

2 Aaron Rodgers

3 Aaron Donald

4 Josh Allen

5 TJ Watt

6 Myles Garrett

7 Travis Kelce

8 Cooper Kupp

9 Derrick Henry

10 Jalen Ramsey

Donald was #2 and #3 in the past 2 years and didnt have a superbowl until last year. Impact on the game is what's measured, not accolades. 

It's crazy that my post is getting so much hate. Take the blinders off.

Aaron Rodgers threw the same amount of touchdowns as Josh last year and only had 4 interceptions (vs 15 for Allen).

Was it a one year thing? No, he threw 5 in 2020 and 4 in 2019... with more touchdowns.

He also has a Super Bowl win and multiple league MVPs. Mahomes has an MVP and a Super Bowl win and has beaten Josh consistently in the playoffs.

Like it or not, people judge QBs based on how many Super Bowls they win along with their career production. It's the reason nobody thinks of Peyton Manning as the greatest of all time, but everybody says that about Brady. Nobody does that for Defensive Tackles or Defensive Ends. It's a QB statistic and it matters.

Josh will get there, but saying that he's already there is ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Aaron Rodgers threw the same amount of touchdowns as Josh last year and only had 4 interceptions (vs 15 for Allen).

Was it a one year thing? No, he threw 5 in 2020 and 4 in 2019... with more touchdowns.

He also has a Super Bowl win and multiple league MVPs. Mahomes has an MVP and a Super Bowl win and has beaten Josh consistently in the playoffs.

Like it or not, people judge QBs based on how many Super Bowls they win along with their career production. It's the reason nobody thinks of Peyton Manning as the greatest of all time, but everybody says that about Brady. Nobody does that for Defensive Tackles or Defensive Ends. It's a QB statistic and it matters.

Agreed.  Josh Allen >>>>>>> many Bills fans’ mother.  

Josh is tied with my mother.

ps-  mahomes didn’t beat josh.  Frazier and our defense beat him

Edited by NewEra

Just now, FireChans said:

Milano/Hyde makes it over Knox.

I just think this list tends towards those real physical freaks because players vote for guys they struggle to deal with and Knox fits that profile and led the league (joint) for touchdowns by Tight Ends. He would be a surprise choice but I could see him sneaking in right at the end of the list. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just think this list tends towards those real physical freaks because players vote for guys they struggle to deal with and Knox fits that profile and led the league (joint) for touchdowns by Tight Ends. He would be a surprise choice but I could see him sneaking in right at the end of the list. 

I get that, it's certainly possible.

I just know that Milano made quite a nice little rep for himself for the first 6-8 weeks of the season and players remember that. Milano was being talked about like the best LB in football.

He had 15 TFL's last year!

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

The list is supposed to have a measure of subjectivity baked in. If it were just an accomplishments ranking that would be pretty straightforward.

I put Allen at the top because he does more for his offense than any QB  in the league outside Lamar Jackson, his use rate vs other QBs is always at or near the top, and he still puts up borderline elite counting stats playing half of his games in the Buffalo weather.

It's way more ludicrous IMO to call someone a homer for putting Allen at #1 than it is to put him at #1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.