Jump to content

NFL Top 100 starts Sunday 14 August 2022 .. Who's your top 10?


wjag
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Bold prediction because of how and when the voting was conducted.  Josh Allen won't make the top 40.

I think when the voting happened will work against Allen, though David Carr on the NFL network speculated he could be #1 or somewhere around there. He might just be full of it using how the league seems to feel about him now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:


When did Rob Johnson win his league MVP award?

 

And I never said it’s the only credential that matters… both of those guys have a Super Bowl and a league MVP AND the same production as Allen across MORE seasons.

 

Lets just be happy to have the guy that we have. There’s no need to go full blown homer every time someone asks you who’s the best this or that.

People get so butt hurt when they have an opinion other than Josh deserves #1 in everything.  
 

Josh will get his due.  He wasn’t the best player in 2021 imo.  He had the best two back to games to end the season.  He had the perfect game vs the pats.  He played the best qb ball I think I’ve ever seen for portions of the season.  For that reason, he is deservedly the favorite to win mvp and his team the favorite to win the SB.  Over the course of the ENTIRE season, he wasn’t the best player.  He just wasn’t. 
 

I do think he IS the best player in the NFL.  I just don’t think his complete 2021 season was worthy of being #1.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

Nathan Peterman could have completed those passes against that non-existent defense.

Yeah…..because the ENTIRE game was played in 13 seconds 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think when the voting happened will work against Allen, though David Carr on the NFL network speculated he could be #1 or somewhere around there. He might just be full of it using how the league seems to feel about him now.

Lamar may be ahead of them given the players voted him into the Pro Bowl.  That's when these ballets were handed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Aaron Donald

2. Patrick Mahomes

3. Aaron Rodgers 

4. Josh Allen

5. TJ Watt

6. Quenton Nelson

7. Davante Adams

8. Jalen Ramsey

9. Cooper Kupp

10. Justin Herbert

 

No LT in the top 10. Who is the best LT in the league now? Gone are the days of Walter Jones, Joe Thomas, Jonathan Ogden, and Orlando Pace. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Aaron Donald

2. Patrick Mahomes

3. Aaron Rodgers 

4. Josh Allen

5. TJ Watt

6. Quenton Nelson

7. Davante Adams

8. Jalen Ramsey

9. Cooper Kupp

10. Justin Herbert

 

No LT in the top 10. Who is the best LT in the league now? Gone are the days of Walter Jones, Joe Thomas, Jonathan Ogden, and Orlando Pace. 

 

It's pretty easily Trent Williams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

At this point, nobody should be voting for Josh Allen above Pat Mahomes.

Hate to say it, but our guy doesn't have an MVP or a Super Bowl.

You need to put Qbs in front of him who DO have those credentials and similar impact on the game.

 

My personal list:

1 Pat Mahomes

2 Aaron Rodgers

3 Aaron Donald

4 Josh Allen

5 TJ Watt

6 Myles Garrett

7 Travis Kelce

8 Cooper Kupp

9 Derrick Henry

10 Jalen Ramsey

 

This is a projection of the top 10 for 2022 .. not a 2021 list or a career achievement.. as otherwise we would need to have Cam Newton in the top 10. I think it is fine to have Pat Mahomes ahead of Josh but it is equally logical to make the leap that Josh will be better than Mahomes in 2022. In fact the casinos in Las Vegas who are not fond of losing money have Josh as the favorite to be #1 at years end. We shall see.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes should be over Allen for last season imo.  Allen may be the better QB, but Mahomes ended 17s season.  
 

those talking about Brady and stafford being below him…..allen had a better season than both imo….and neither of them ended Allens season.  
 

based on how the season unfolded: 

 

 

Donald-  best player on the championship team-   Might the best player in the league.  

mahomes- not the best regular season, but ended strong and ended 17s season


Rodgers- best regular season- failed in the playoffs yet again. Allen is better, but I think he’ll be #3 due to the mvp.  


Allen-  best player in the playoffs but team came up short…..didn’t have the best regular season compared to Rodgers.  Gotta beat the best to be the best.  Close but no cigar.  

 

 

I missed the part when Josh Allen was playing defense

 

Footballs always been the ultimate team game.. The Chiefs made the Buffalo Bills go home

 

Mahomes and Allen technically never step foot on the field together.. Josh Allen didn’t give up 30+ points

 

and I fully understand your premise , I just think football is the ultimate team game 

 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I missed the part when Josh Allen was playing defense

 

Footballs always been the ultimate team game.. The Chiefs made the Buffalo Bills go home

 

Mahomes and Allen technically never step foot on the field together.. Josh Allen didn’t give up 30+ points

 

and I fully understand your premise , I just think football is the ultimate team game 

 

I missed the part where Mahomes didn’t end Josh Allen’s season.  
 

josh didn’t give up 30+ points…..Josh also didn’t score 42.  

 

Yes, football is the ultimate team game…, and like other games, the winners are rewarded with the highest status.  He ended us two years in a row.  He deserves the higher spot on the list even if I think Josh is the better QB. 
 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes should be over Allen for last season imo.  Allen may be the better QB, but Mahomes ended 17s season.  
 

those talking about Brady and stafford being below him…..allen had a better season than both imo….and neither of them ended Allens season.  
 

based on how the season unfolded: 

 

 

Donald-  best player on the championship team-   Might the best player in the league.  

mahomes- not the best regular season, but ended strong and ended 17s season


Rodgers- best regular season- failed in the playoffs yet again. Allen is better, but I think he’ll be #3 due to the mvp.  


Allen-  best player in the playoffs but team came up short…..didn’t have the best regular season compared to Rodgers.  Gotta beat the best to be the best.  Close but no cigar.  

 

 

 

Mahomes did not end Allen’s season, DC Frazier did.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

 

Mahomes did not end Allen’s season, DC Frazier did.   

Yeah, I’m sure Mahomes 75% completion rate, 378 3 TDs + 6 rushes for 69 yards + rushing td had nothing to do with it.

 

i didn’t say he was the only reason joshs season ended.  I said he ended joshs season.  He literally did.  Not sure if you saw the pass to Kelce in OT over good coverage from Milano.   But yeah….,  think w/e you want

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Josh Diggs and Von should all finish in top 30

 

Never heard of Josh Diggs.

 

#punctuationmatters

#nowyouknow

 

Go Bills!

 

Edited by eball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...