Middle-class Americans to bear brunt of IRS audits under Dem inflation bill, analysis shows

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, elites have complex returns but notice they aren’t currently the bulk of the IRS focus. There’s just not enough of them and they have lawyers to fight it out.  

And this is why you're opposed to the IRS getting resources specifically to target the elites?

32 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They are bringing in auditors because without more resources, all they can do is audit wage earners on W-2's. High wealth individuals have incredibly complicated tax returns that make it difficult to audit. If you want the IRS to be able to audit them as well, you should want it to have more resources. However, if you would like to starve the IRS of resources, then all they will do is audit middle class Americans because it's easier.

Also, big government is a bipartisan thing, buddy. Administrations of both parties have increased government spending, but at least the Dems don't run up the massive deficits that the GOP does.

wage earners on w2? Are you insane? Starve IRS of resources? By not supporting doubling the army of auditors? Standard deductions were higher than ever last year. the  post said they would have to target average households to hit their target.

Big government is a both party problem for sure, but your party has a track record of stealing way more of my money to do it. Also, The other one at least doesn’t hide their collusion with big business the way yours does. They are open about and embrace it. These are Facts. 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And this is why you're opposed to the IRS getting resources specifically to target the elites?

Elites are the people in charge of your political machine you’re cheerleading you fool!!!! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

wage earners on w2? Are you insane? Starve IRS of resources? By not supporting doubling the army of auditors? Standard deductions were higher than ever last year. the  post said they would have to target average households to hit their target.

Big government is a both party problem for sure, but your party has a track record of stealing way more of my money to do it. Also, The other one at least doesn’t hide their collusion with big business the way yours does. They are open about and embrace it. These are Facts. 

Elites are the people in charge of your political machine you’re cheerleading you fool!!!! 

Ok, let me ask you something. Should the IRS spend more time and resources enforcing tax laws against the elite? If so, would you support them getting additional resources to do so? If not, why?

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ok, let me ask you something. Should the IRS spend more time and resources enforcing tax laws against the elite? If so, would you support them getting additional resources to do so? If not, why?

The IRS is a already $14 billion dollar per year black hole. No I abso fuggin lutely do not want to hand them over 80 billion more dollars they can fritter away in government largesse and or harassing the rank and file tax payers. 

Like many of the other fed institutions they are politically charged frankensteins bent on their own gluttonous growth. 

they aren’t coming after elites you silly goose, those are the ones pushing for this. They objective is to further sever the ladder of upward economic mobility for non-elites. 

it’s always amazing the poor grasp of history most have, the poor grasp of why the founding fathers were so intent on limiting the power of the state plutocracy.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The IRS is a already $14 billion dollar per year black hole. No I abso fuggin lutely do not want to hand them over 80 billion more dollars they can fritter away in government largesse and or harassing the rank and file tax payers. 

Like many of the other fed institutions they are politically charged frankensteins bent on their own gluttonous growth. 

they aren’t coming after elites you silly goose, those are the ones pushing for this. They objective is to further sever the ladder of upward economic mobility for non-elites. 

it’s always amazing the poor grasp of history most have, the poor grasp of why the founding fathers were so intent on limiting the power of the state plutocracy.

So what you're saying is that you *don't* want the elites to be audited. Ok then...

10 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Who? Who is pulling the strings and feeding Biden his lines? 

You're one of the 39% of Americans who think he's doing a good job. lol

Polls are for losers. He isn't on the ballot now

Go Biden! 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So what you're saying is that you *don't* want the elites to be audited. Ok then...

and just to confirm, you are fully on board with the irs, a 14 billion dollar a year money oven, needing 80billion more dollars in an era of near record  standard deduction filings, correct? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

and just to confirm, you are fully on board with the irs, a 14 billion dollar a year money oven, needing 80billion more dollars in an era of near record  standard deduction filings, correct? 

The law as crafted is to give the IRS resources to target high wealth individuals and corporations with complicated tax structures. I am absolutely in favor of ensuring that all Americans are subject to our tax laws, not just the poor and middle class. If they use the funds improperly, they should be punished for it.

So I will ask you for a third time: Do you think the IRS should enforce tax laws against the elite?

The law as crafted is to give the IRS resources to target high wealth individuals and corporations with complicated tax structures. I am absolutely in favor of ensuring that all Americans are subject to our tax laws, not just the poor and middle class. If they use the funds improperly, they should be punished for it.

So I will ask you for a third time: Do you think the IRS should enforce tax laws against the elite?

Sure, the irs should enforce tax law against all, including elites and starting with all the corrupt politicians. I’m just telling you it’s not gonna happen, and throwing 80 billion more dollars at that garbage political agency isn’t changing that. 

and what do taxes have to do with poor and middle class???? 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Another poll.. but hold onto that 5% difference. LOL

https://www.investors.com/politics/biden-approval-rating-hits-new-low-despite-democrats-winning-streak/

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, the irs should enforce tax law against all, including elites and starting with all the corrupt politicians. I’m just telling you it’s not gonna happen, and throwing 80 billion more dollars at that garbage political agency isn’t changing that. 

and what do taxes have to do with poor and middle class???? 

Ok, so a law that mandates that the IRS use additional resources to go after the elites means they won't do it? So are you saying that it is impossible to enforce the tax law against the elites and we shouldn't even try?

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

They won’t be targeting elites. Again there are too few of them and they have lawyers to fight it out. No, the liberal wet dream wishlist will be paid for by ordinary Americans and they’ll be bled dry by mobilizing IRS forces. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They won’t be targeting elites. Again there are too few of them and they have lawyers to fight it out. No, the liberal wet dream wishlist will be paid for by ordinary Americans and they’ll be bled dry by mobilizing IRS forces. 

So this will prove out to be false.

But it's weird to me that all these people complaining about the elites naysay any action of actually holding elites accountable. I don't get it.

• Eyeroll 1

Ok, so a law that mandates that the IRS use additional resources to go after the elites means they won't do it? So are you saying that it is impossible to enforce the tax law against the elites and we shouldn't even try?

They currently do what they can vs elites but they don’t always win. They will soon be mobilized to bleed every last nickel from the middle class. Easy targets that will have to pay. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

But it's weird to me that all these people complaining about the elites naysay any action of actually holding elites accountable. I don't get it.

Let me ask you... 

Do you guarantee that it will be false? 100% never going to happen?

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Who’s complaining about elites? They pay lawyers who understand every loophole. So be it. The IRS should be smaller or even abolished. Taxes should be simplified for the vast majority of taxpayers and should only take maybe a half hour to complete.