Roquan Smith has requested a trade

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I am one of the larger Edmunds detractors here, and even I tend to believe this.

As much as I would like to upgrade the position with a more instinctual player, I'm not sure that Smith could play in the pass game like Edmunds does. Smith seems to be more of a "classic" MLB thumper. Whereas we are looking for the next Luke Kuechley.

We could've used a thumper last year against Henry & Taylor. 

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Counterpoint: A Tremaine Edmunds highlight tape is him making gang tackles 4 yards past the LOS. 

In fact, you can't even find a Edmunds highlight tape past 2019. lmao

Yeah, that would be your idea of a highlight vid for him. Lemme guess, you blamed him for the long td run vs the pats last year. Or the game winning td kelcey caught in the playoffs last year. Right?!?

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Do we want to pay any MLB that kind of money?  Idk.  Probably looking for 17+M or more.  Not sure if a MLB getting paid that money is in our plans.  

Can’t see anyone giving a 1st for a mlb and then paying him top money.  Whoever did that would be 💩 

Agree with both your points.  It would be absolute insanity for the Bills to do so in particular.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Do we want to pay any MLB that kind of money?  Idk.  Probably looking for 17+M or more.  Not sure if a MLB getting paid that money is in our plans.  

Can’t see anyone giving a 1st for a mlb and then paying him top money.  Whoever did that would be 💩 

A) I like our top paid players being QB, CB1, Edge, WR and LT. The Pats* are a couple TE’s and a LB. I like our plan better.

B) You don’t even have to mention the Browns by name. The 💩 says it all!   

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yeah, that would be your idea of a highlight vid for him. Lemme guess, you blamed him for the long td run vs the pats last year. Or the game winning td kelcey caught in the playoffs last year. Right?!?

I blame him for being drafted as a playmaker on this defense with a dearth of plays made. 

It’s not a coincidence he doesn’t have a highlight video since 2019 lol

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I blame him for being drafted as a playmaker on this defense with a dearth of plays made. 

It’s not a coincidence he doesn’t have a highlight video since 2019 lol

What sense is there in blaming a player for being drafted where he was? Aren't you really blaming the GM. Oh, right, some people here just have to have a whipping boy. 

He's the QB of the top ranked defense, but yeah he sucks.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-defense-ends-the-2021-regular-season-as-the-nfl-s-best

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

What sense is there in blaming a player for being drafted where he was? Aren't you really blaming the GM. Oh, right, some people here just have to have a whipping boy. 

He's the QB of the top ranked defense, but yeah he sucks.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-defense-ends-the-2021-regular-season-as-the-nfl-s-best

Do you consider Tremaine Edmunds a playmaker on this defense?

37 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you consider Tremaine Edmunds a playmaker on this defense?

Yes.

Smith wouldn't fit here the way Edmunds does with what he's asked to do. I can't think of many that can. He would 💩 the bed trying to do what Edmunds does here. Before you go any further...this is an opinion. 

• Disagree 1

On 8/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

We could've used a thumper last year against Henry & Taylor. 

Henry basically had 1 good run. Edmunds is one of the top LBs in tackles for no gain. He is probably the thumper you’re thinking about. He’s a huge LB compared to basically anyone. 

The Bills front was never built to stop the run. This season actually is their best group upfront at the point of attack. But Edmunds has still ranked high in tackle depth. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a true all pro season out of Edmunds this season.

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Edmunds is one of the top LBs in tackles for no gain. 

Where did you get that from?

Can you link to the source?

My eyes tell me that's probably not true 

Did you just make that up because you like Edmunds and want it to be true?

Just now, Turk71 said:

Where did you get that from?

Can you link to the source?

My eyes tell me that's probably not true 

Did you just make that up because you like Edmunds and want it to be true?

Read it in a PFF article somewhere last year. But I’ve posted his tackle depth a few times. 

I found it.  This was entering last year. It’s such a weird stat isn’t it? How can he lead the league in that stat on a defense that is typically rated high but also be so terrible in other stats? There are only a few times I’ve disliked a Tremaine Edmunds play. He doesn’t stand out to me good of bad.

24. TREMAINE EDMUNDS, BUFFALO BILLS

Tremaine Edmunds trails only Bobby Wager in tackles for loss or no gain over the past three seasons, and between those plays and his spectacular size and athleticism, it’s not difficult to see what fans and the Bills alike love about him. He remains inconsistent overall, however, offsetting much of those impact plays with negative ones, such as 57 missed tackles and nine touchdowns surrendered over the same time period.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Read it in a PFF article somewhere last year. But I’ve posted his tackle depth a few times. 

I found it.  This was entering last year. It’s such a weird stat isn’t it? How can he lead the league in that stat on a defense that is typically rated high but also be so terrible in other stats? There are only a few times I’ve disliked a Tremaine Edmunds play. He doesn’t stand out to me good of bad.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

Surprising 

PFF has Edmunds rated sub par after every season

They have Roquan rated even lower  for last season.

23 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Surprising 

PFF has Edmunds rated sub par after every season

They have Roquan rated even lower  for last season.

Edmunds struggles in their coverage grades a lot. Also as you can see they credit him with a lot of missed tackles and TDs.

I don’t see that many missed tackles and TDs but I haven’t broken down every snap. I’ve seen every snap of his but I’ve rarely come away thinking if Edmunds were upgraded we’d be better. My biggest complaints about the Bills defense over the years has been the DL. Which is interesting because that’s what changed the most this offseason.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.