Roquan Smith has requested a trade

Dablitzkrieg

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

A 1st next year will be in the high 20s+. Smith is a top ten pick, that would be an excellent trade. 

salary cap is fluid and only going up. Beane could find the money I’m sure 

What type of defeatist attitude bull#### is this?!? I think you mean low 30s, as in 31. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We have a potential out next offseason. Can get rid of him with a reasonable dead cap number 

Well to me he's way more valuable than Edmunds whose making almost 13 this year. Unless Tre has a great year, there's no way they, IMO would consider....or should consider over 15...and I wouldn't offer that. That may be a decision better made sooner than later, however I would doubt anything will happen anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Well to me he's way more valuable than Edmunds whose making almost 13 this year. Unless Tre has a great year, there's no way they, IMO would consider....or should consider over 15...and I wouldn't offer that. That may be a decision better made sooner than later, however I would doubt anything will happen anytime soon.

Edit Don't get me wrong I hope he becomes Defensive MVP runner up to Von, but after 49 yrs. of being a fan, and after 4 yrs. of the ole eyeball test, I'm not gonna bet on it.

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I don't think Roquan can do the things Edmunds does for this defense. I don't see an upgrade here. 

Counterpoint: A Tremaine Edmunds highlight tape is him making gang tackles 4 yards past the LOS. 

In fact, you can't even find a Edmunds highlight tape past 2019. lmao

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I don't think Roquan can do the things Edmunds does for this defense. I don't see an upgrade here. 

I am one of the larger Edmunds detractors here, and even I tend to believe this.

As much as I would like to upgrade the position with a more instinctual player, I'm not sure that Smith could play in the pass game like Edmunds does. Smith seems to be more of a "classic" MLB thumper. Whereas we are looking for the next Luke Kuechley.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

who’s to say Milano isn’t the odd man out and Bernard takes his place down the road. Many ways to manipulate this situation 

That could very well happen.  In fact it almost needs to if they want to keep Oliver, Knox, and Edmunds.  If Edmunds plays like a top 5 MLB this year, I would be in favor of that.  Milano seems like a guy that is going to have a short career being undersized and an injury history.  Of course there are many other ways to get cap space with restructures of Allen, White, and others.  

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We just drafted what could possibly be a replacement middle linebacker the bills don’t really do this they draft their players and bring in a free agent here or there I just don’t see them paying huge money to a middle linebacker that they didn’t draft

Agree.  Edmunds stays or Bernard takes over.  It's up to Edmunds to prove his worth this year.

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I still don’t think Edmunds gets extended for any more than what Milano received. And because I’m sure Edmunds and his agent won’t go for less than what he’s currently making, I don’t know what the Bills plans are for him. Would be silly to just let him walk in free agency without attempting to recoup some assets. If Bernard continues to improve and Edmunds is the same player he’s been, even with an improved DL ahead of him, then I’d expect a move by the trade deadline. If Edmunds is markedly better than what he has shown thus far, then we’re in a jam considering all the other contracts coming up. I think it all has to end in a trade. Can’t pay everyone.

the value with Edmunds just isn't there relative to what he likely asks for.  He does not make impact/game changing plays.  He is an average/good MLB, but the numbers I keep hearing are all-pro/game changer numbers.  And if Bernard improves, that is perfect and likely the plan.  Put Bernard in next year with Milano, draft another LB, and resign Knox/Poyer and you have Davis coming up soon.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.