Preseason week 1: Colts at Bills

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, they (Frank) did Blow it Big Time investing their future in Wentz last year. For a while, Frank was on the Hot Seat after their season ended without a playoff game. Colts will feel this pain for years in dead money and lost picks cuz they ended up just kicking him to the curb after 1 year! 
So they GOTTA be sure with Ryan. jmo

Ballard and Reich both.  After/during Luck they had Brissett (2 years), old man Rivers (1 year), washed up Wentz (1 year)

and now Ryan (2 years left with $35M dead if cut next year).

If Ryan isn't the answer, which to me is at least winning the division and/or a WC game, I would think their seats get a little warm.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ballard and Reich both.  After/during Luck they had Brissett (2 years), old man Rivers (1 year), washed up Wentz (1 year)

and now Ryan (2 years left with $35M dead if cut next year).

If Ryan isn't the answer, which to me is at least winning the division and/or a WC game, I would think their seats get a little warm.

It just underscores how crucial the QB position is.  Ballard has built an excellent roster and Reich seems to be a decent coach, but if you don't have that QB...

The Colts don't "scare" me this year like they did last year, because I believe the Bills' D is going to be nasty and Josh just keeps getting better.  But they'll be good.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, SWATeam said:

The pass catchers are interesting from size alone

Pittman- 6-4

Pierce- 6-3

Jelani Woods- 6-7

Cox- 6-5

Interesting weapons for Ryan.  I agree that the Colts are going to be very good.

I cant shake how bad Ryan has been though. And Im a BC fan who thought Ryan would have multiple superbowls (lost a 50 doll hair bet to a friend back in the day as to who would win a super bowl first, Ryan or Flacco... the year Flacco won, ugh)

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I cant shake how bad Ryan has been though. And Im a BC fan who thought Ryan would have multiple superbowls (lost a 50 doll hair bet to a friend back in the day as to who would win a super bowl first, Ryan or Flacco... the year Flacco won, ugh)

Well, if he can't find success with this oline, running game, coaching, and defense- he's truly washed.  I have a feeling we'll see better play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Fun fact, Bills have not lost a preseason game since August 26th, 2018

fun fact The Ravens broke the NFL record for continuous preseason Wins.  
https://sports.yahoo.com/ravens-still-havent-lost-in-preseason-since-2015-win-nfl-record-21st-in-a-row-023938985.html

Ravens still haven't lost in preseason since 2015, win NFL record 21st in a row

Fun fact 

the last two teams to finish winless in a season, went undefeated in the preseason 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

On 8/9/2022 at 4:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Ray Ray!

The thing that constantly amazes me is how many people, particularly in the sports media, refused to see the greatness in the guy, even in his rookie preseason games.  I was all in favor of letting the guy sit his rookie year and just learn, but by the time the preseason ended, I wanted him on the field.  It was obvious that nobody in the league could do all the things that Allen does at such a high level.   The TD to McCloud in the first preseason game made me realize he was special, and the earlier throw to McCloud on the crossing route showed something, too.   That throw Streeter (who is Streeter?) showed how he could handle the pocket.    The scrambling ability was obvious.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:42 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Well, they (Frank) did Blow it Big Time investing their future in Wentz last year. For a while, Frank was on the Hot Seat after their season ended without a playoff game. Colts will feel this pain for years in dead money and lost picks cuz they ended up just kicking him to the curb after 1 year! 
So they GOTTA be sure with Ryan. jmo

You can watch Frank fall in love with Wentz's piety and attitude on Hard Knocks.  Frank was gushing about he and Wentz reference the same verses from scripture and it made them close. 

Then he turned out to be a cack QB. Frank got Peterman'd. 

On 8/10/2022 at 10:54 AM, Don Otreply said:

This concept of not playing a guy because he “could get injured “ is a knee jerk thought process.  An injury can happen just as easily during the first game of the season. 

What we are doing is turning the first couple of regular season games into what used to be the preseason practice games. Who wants to watch teams work out the kinks in their schemes at game day ticket prices??

Doing so just reduces the quality of the games that count, creating a poorer product on the field. Let’s not be naive, It is a gladiator sport, of course players could get hurt, it’s part and parcel of the game. 

Go Bills!!!

Don, I’m normally on the same page with you, but these games don’t matter so why risk a starters injury when game 1 does matter.

preseason to keep is figuring out roster 43-53, and see who is for our practice squad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.