Preseason week 1: Colts at Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, eball said:

He’s better than Wentz for sure.  Isn’t the Colts’ WR corps trash though?

I expect a monster season from Pittman.  Alec Pierce is a nice compliment opposite him and Paris Campbell has all the tools to be a nice slot WR, if he can stay healthy.  BIG if as he’s been hurt since joining the NFL and is hurt again now.

Mo Allie Cox isn’t great but he’s a huge target and I’m a big fan of draft pick Jelani Woods potential.  Maybe not this year though.

Reich has said that Hines will be much more involved in the offense this year.  He’s a great pass catcher and has speed.  

JT plus maybe the the the best OL in the league.... I think they’ll be a very good team and are my pick to win that division.  Adding Gilmore and Ngakoue on an already solid D that has 2 game wreckers in Buckner and Leonard should be tough.  Nick cross is a great add at S.  I like what Ballard has done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I expect a monster season from Pittman.  Alec Pierce is a nice compliment opposite him and Paris Campbell has all the tools to be a nice slot WR, if he can stay healthy.  BIG if as he’s been hurt since joining the NFL and is hurt again now.

Mo Allie Cox isn’t great but he’s a huge target and I’m a big fan of draft pick Jelani Woods potential.  Maybe not this year though.

Reich has said that Hines will be much more involved in the offense this year.  He’s a great pass catcher and has speed.  

JT plus maybe the the the best OL in the league.... I think they’ll be a very good team and are my pick to win that division.  Adding Gilmore and Ngakoue on an already solid D that has 2 game wreckers in Buckner and Leonard should be tough.  Nick cross is a great add at S.  I like what Ballard has done.

The pass catchers are interesting from size alone

Pittman- 6-4

Pierce- 6-3

Jelani Woods- 6-7

Cox- 6-5

Interesting weapons for Ryan.  I agree that the Colts are going to be very good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Pittman- 6-4

Pierce- 6-3

Jelani Woods- 6-7

Cox- 6-5

Interesting weapons for Ryan.  I agree that the Colts are going to be very good.

They are the one team in the AFC I hope the Bills can avoid in the playoffs. Forget the blowout loss last year. I am going back to the playoff game that the Bills won against them. For long stretches of that game it seemed like the Colts were getting the better of the play. For some reason they match up well against the  Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

They are the one team in the AFC I hope the Bills can avoid in the playoffs. Forget the blowout loss last year. I am going back to the playoff game that the Bills won against them. For long stretches of that game it seemed like the Colts were getting the better of the play. For some reason they match up well against the  Bills.

Yeah, they beat us up in the trenches.

But, I don't see that happening again with our re-tooled Dline.  I'm really excited about how nasty our front is going to be.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That year they had a really good DL that was abusing our OL.  

In terms of matchups… they’re just a bruising power run team that we’ve had to try to stop with our finesse defense.  When we struggle to, we have to commit more to the run, and then they can just run crossers behind the linebackers all day. 

Im not as worried about that with the new look DL.  Von, Rousseau, Lawson, Jones and Oliver are all above average run defenders. 

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Pittman- 6-4

Pierce- 6-3

Jelani Woods- 6-7

Cox- 6-5

Based on what? Ryan is washed.

• Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Based on what? Ryan is washed.

I disagree. He was in a horrible spot for his skillset (not that mobile, but a strong arm and accurate) with a terrible Oline, no true RB (Patterson worked...but out of necessity) and his top WR gone all season between injury and suspension. With the line in Indy, JT as a true stud RB and a developing group of receivers, including Pittman who is excellent, I see Ryan showing that he is definitely not washed. Not a top 5 QB, but more than serviceable. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I disagree. He was in a horrible spot for his skillset (not that mobile, but a strong arm and accurate) with a terrible Oline, no true RB (Patterson worked...but out of necessity) and his top WR gone all season between injury and suspension. With the line in Indy, JT as a true stud RB and a developing group of receivers, including Pittman who is excellent, I see Ryan showing that he is definitely not washed. Not a top 5 QB, but more than serviceable. 

Guess we will find out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

That washed QB almost beat us with a lackluster supporting cast last year

Yeah those 13 completions for 197 yards and no TDs really almost killed us.

Pretty sure Allen throwing 3 INTs and the initial safety to start the game had a lot more to do with us only winning by 14.

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If your best bet in a loaded AFC is to get a serviceable QB you are in trouble. They might win the division because I don't like Tennessee at all this year. I suspect they are one and done in the playoffs tho.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Yeah, they beat us up in the trenches.

But, I don't see that happening again with our re-tooled Dline.  I'm really excited about how nasty our front is going to be.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

That year they had a really good DL that was abusing our OL.  

In terms of matchups… they’re just a bruising power run team that we’ve had to try to stop with our finesse defense.  When we struggle to, we have to commit more to the run, and then they can just run crossers behind the linebackers all day. 

Im not as worried about that with the new look DL.  Von, Rousseau, Lawson, Jones and Oliver are all above average run defenders. 

I somewhat disagree with all of your takes about that playoff game.

Yes, the Colts D-Line was giving us problems, but the Bills were able to adjust and in the 4th quarter Allen hit Diggs on that deep touchdown pass.

That touchdown should have(not should of) put an end to the game, but the Bills defense went to sleep and the Colts roared right back and got a touchdown very fast.

Then the Bills won the game on a fumble caused by Jordan Poyer, but the official in New York City, in their infinite wisdom, overturned the correct call, because they wanted a dramatic ending. :angry:

While the Colts gave the Bills fits in that game, overall the Bills did what they had to do in order to win that game.

If they should happen to face each other in the playoffs again, I think the Bills will be up to the task in beating them again.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah those 13 completions for 197 yards really almost killed us.

Pretty sure Allen throwing 3 INTs and the initial safety to start the game had a lot more to do with us only winning by 14.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but could have sworn that washed QB ran to the 1 yard line putting them in position for a TD that would have cut the lead to 7 with 6:07 to go but the run was taken away by a taunting penalty. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I somewhat disagree with all of your takes about that playoff game.

Yes, the Colts D-Line was giving us problems, but the Bills were able to adjust and in the 4th quarter Allen hit Diggs on that deep touchdown pass.

That touchdown should have(not should of) put an end to the game, but the Bills defense went to sleep and the Colts roared right back and got a touchdown very fast.

Then the Bills won the game on a fumble caused by Jordan Poyer, but the official in New York City, in their infinite wisdom, overturned the correct call, because they wanted a dramatic ending. :angry:

While the Colts gave the Bills fits in that game, overall the Bills did what they had to do in order to win that game.

If they should happen to face each other in the playoffs again, I think the Bills will be up to the task in beating them again.

Yeah the Bills had been shutting down the run game most of the day and Taylor was held in check until they thought the Colts had to pass and they allowed them good fronts to run against and they started chewing up yardage quickly on several runs.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Maybe I’m misremembering, but could have sworn that washed QB ran to the 1 yard line putting them in position for a TD that would have cut the lead to 7 with 6:07 to go but the run was taken away by a taunting penalty. 

And who's fault is that?

Maybe if Allen hadn't taken that Sunday off we would have won by 30.

Edited by Big Turk

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah the Bills had been shutting down the run game most of the day and Taylor was held in check until they thought the Colts had to pass and they allowed them good fronts to run against and they started chewing up yardage quickly on several runs.

And who's fault is that?

Maybe if Allen hadn't taken that Sunday off we would have won by 30.

Allen must have been washed at that point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.