Preseason week 1: Colts at Bills

YoloinOhio

I'd play the starters for 1 series. Game time experience is better than practice. Yes, we know what they offer, but its been since January they had any game experience. It will also give Josh and Dorsey some time during a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Count me in as feeling like the Chefs and Elvis need to sit out the preseason. We don’t need the MVPs of the Mafia getting an injury from clapping or slapping high fives too hard. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Count me in as feeling like the Cooks and Elvis need to sit out the preseason. We don’t need the MVPs of the Mafia getting an injury from clapping or slapping high fives too hard. 

I disagree... They are also in preseason shape. Got to work out the kinks /  tailgating / beer muscles.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm always excited. 

More than our 1s, here's what I hope to see:

-Someone distingusihing themselves in the CB battle

-what kind of depth chart we are looking at for WR

-how have our DE's gotten better from Von's tutilege

On 8/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

Will be shown live on NFLN.

According to the media thing in the first post, yes, simulcast on NFLN. I hear you, I was wondering the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Look on the bright side. Whoever the Bills play on defense will get a good test as they go up against the Colts starting QB rather than the backup or a no-name scrub.

Yeah, I definitely see how it benefits Buffalo.  But the Colts have a 37-year-old QB that they're banking on.  Yes .. he's been VERY durable throughout his career; but this is just playing with fire.

The only thing it can mean is that the offense isn't "clicking" yet, which is just fine by me.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I definitely see how it benefits Buffalo.  But the Colts have a 37-year-old QB that they're banking on.  Yes .. he's been VERY durable throughout his career; but this is just playing with fire.

The only thing it can mean is that the offense isn't "clicking" yet, which is just fine by me.

From a Colts POV I don't understand it either. To play your starter that long in the 1st preseason game is crazy. My guess is Allen plays a series or two if he plays at all. 

Edited by Greg S

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

From a Colts POV I don't understand it either. To play your starter that long in the 1st preseason game is crazy. My guess is Allen plays a series or two if he plays at all. 

Rodgers came out and said playing one series is a waste of time.  I don't agree with a lot that comes out of his mouth, but I totally agree with him, there.

What's the purpose?  Is it for the fans?  It's not gonna make a ***** of difference to the offense.  

All I see it as, is an unnecessary opportunity for injury.

I'd be fine to not see Josh take a snap until they play the Rams.

Just now, Gugny said:

Rodgers came out and said playing one series is a waste of time.  I don't agree with a lot that comes out of his mouth, but I totally agree with him, there.

What's the purpose?  Is it for the fans?  It's not gonna make a ***** of difference to the offense.  

What about Keenum? How much time would you give him? If Allen doesn't play I would assume he will start. Maybe not a half but could see a quarter.

Just now, Greg S said:

What about Keenum? How much time would you give him? If Allen doesn't play I would assume he will start. Maybe not a half but could see a quarter.

Yeah, split the time between Keenum and Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They looked very rusty week 1 against Steelers. I disagree with this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perfect, thank you Colts.  Gives McDermott and Fraizer good options to see what guys can do against a 1 offense.

As to the Colts decision, I would rather have Ryan start the first 2 PS games and sit out the 3rd to get acclimated if it where me.

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is insane to me.

Me thinks you are over reacting a bit, 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Realist said:

I'd play the starters for 1 series. Game time experience is better than practice. Yes, we know what they offer, but its been since January they had any game experience. It will also give Josh and Dorsey some time during a game.

I would punch this post in the face if it was a person. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.