Fun in New Jersey

clayboy54

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

The '85 Bills (when both Stephenson and Bullough coached) was actually quite talented, despite the 2-14 record:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1985_roster.htm

Joe Cribbs

Greg Bell

Andre Reed

Jerry Butler

Ken Jones

Jim Ritcher

Will Grant

Tim Vogler 

Joe Devlin

Bruce Smith

Fred Smerlas

Ben Williams

Jim Haslet

Lucious Sanford

Steve Freeman

Charles Romes

Derric Burroughs

Martin Bayless

Scott Norwood

At least eight of them could arguably start on the 2022 Bills.

So your saying coaching matters :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, TBBills said:

And it begins...

They should though let these guys draft a QB that they want in the next 2 years.

They will.  Next draft.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, Beck Water said:

2017 Bills had quite a bit of talent, actually.

9-7, 8-8, 7-9 (could have been 8-8, threw the last game) for the previous several years.

9-7 same record that went to the playoffs McDermott's first year, so there's somewhat an element of luck involved

McBeane also (right or wrong) made a decision to trade away or move on from talented players whom they felt were not their "right fit"

The Giants, on the other hand, have become a Stevenson/Bullough or Fewell/Gailey level team (though I think they've legit had more talent)

It was nothing but the right decision by McBeane to trade those talented players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, YoloinOhio said:

The look on Daboll's face says that Jones's confession is suddenly hitting him.  He looks like he's mainly thinking "man, I shouldn't have bought a house here.."

The genius of Daboll is still in Buffalo.

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not arguing whether the decision was right or wrong, the point is the team did have talent when McDermott took over.

I'm also not arguing whether they had some talent.  They did.  But even still, most prognosticators had them as a 5-6 win team prior to trading Watkins and Darby and a game or two lower after trading them.

What I was saying is that it was absolutely the right decision to trade those players because it reset the culture.  And those guys were barely productive after they left Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.