Ready for some preseason football ⁉️ NFLN coverage!

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I cannot watch preseason football. All I do is worry about meaningless and avoidable injuries. 

I always wait till the games count. 

Highly doubt many, if any starters play this week. Even if they do, Imo they have to get live game reps at some point. I think I'd be more nervous about players going into the real season with no game time 

Just now, Steptide said:

Highly doubt many, if any starters play this week. Even if they do, Imo they have to get live game reps at some point. I think I'd be more nervous about players going into the real season with no game time 

It's a tough balance for me.  I know we want some young guys to get some live action before the season starts.  Part of me thinks that's just about the only benefit to preseason games.  But another part of me thinks they can get nearly as ready during practices and if they're called upon in a real game, their teammates will pick up any slack due to inexperience and it'll work itself out quickly.

I'm heavily leaning toward wishing preseason games went away altogether.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I cannot watch preseason football. All I do is worry about meaningless and avoidable injuries. 

So you’ll feel better if they get hurt in the opener?  I mean, c’mon,  injuries are gonna happen. I like preseason games because it doesn’t matter if they win or lose and it’s fun seeing new faces make names for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

So you’ll feel better if they get hurt in the opener?  I mean, c’mon,  injuries are gonna happen. I like preseason games because it doesn’t matter if they win or lose and it’s fun seeing new faces make names for themselves. 

Yeah! Who's the next Christian Wade or Da'Rick Rogers?! 

.....maybe I should step away from the keyboard...

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Well, yeah .. I guess I would, if I had to see an injury happen.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Oh, you should be fine. Do you have a bike helmet or something you can wear? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

Oh, you should be fine. Do you have a bike helmet or something you can wear? 

I already wear one and I'm tethered to the TV stand.  I'm not sure how this is relevant.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Ready for some preseason football 🏈

What a dumb question!!!

:censored: yes !

4 PM on NFLN 

We could have a Heidi game when two hours after start of Seahawks/Steelers game they show Vikings/Raiders game.

Bills game better not run long!

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's the same thing every year. I get all geared up for our first preseason game and after five minutes I wonder if I should maybe go to the basement and alphabetize my VHS collection.

But I'll still be watching

You could put TV in basement so you can alphabetize them while watching game.

I use preseason games to resample open liquor bottles and decide which is ready to be used for cooking and which are still for drinking during season.  Sometimes it takes more than one sample to determine.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Is this gonna be on Gamepass or streamed somehow?

I’m not sure. 

I know the Sunday Ticket App is down until days before the season starts. 

try Google for an answer  shrug 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

12 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's the same thing every year. I get all geared up for our first preseason game and after five minutes I wonder if I should maybe go to the basement and alphabetize my VHS collection.

But I'll still be watching

Pretty much what they did last summer. 

you see one Varsity offense tearing up Vanilla defenses and blitzes for 1 series and then it’s evaluation time 

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We could have a Heidi game when two hours after start of Seahawks/Steelers game they show Vikings/Raiders game.

Bills game better not run long!

OMG 😳 🤢 🤮 

That there is a game only a mother would watch

and force the family into the living room until the game was over!!!

(or so I heard somewhere)

At that time , people would be happy to see Heidi 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Streaming out of market and prime time preseason games will be via NFL+ at $5/month or $30/year. 

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?campaign=sp-tu-np-bm-gg-2000093&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs5bGjaq4-QIV1QiICR34fgUpEAAYASAAEgJ4A_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

NFL+ provides access to the live Regular Season and Postseason games that are available in your local TV market, from Kickoff to Super Bowl LVII. 

• So TV antenna alternate but no devices specified.

Regular season and postseason games are generally available on your phone or tablet. 

• Pretty general statement.  Could be all games or very few.  And not for your TV,

NFL+ also includes live out-of-market preseason games as well as live audio from every game of the season, on any device. 

• Pretty clear audio of every game but you are going to need some sort of web browser to log on for that device.

With an NFL+ Premium subscription, you can watch full and condensed replays of every game on your schedule.

• What NFL Network used to show except on demand.

Live Out-of-Market Preseason Games

Watch out-of-market Preseason games on your favorite device withNFL+.

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?campaign=sp-tu-np-bm-gg-2000093&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1KD8yq64-QIV6fvICh105ADpEAAYAiAAEgKXCvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.