Olivia Newton John passes at 73

T&C

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Damn. Olivia Newton-John was my first crush as a child. That is very sad.  RIP, Sandra Dee.

My first "crush" was a combination of Mariska Veres and Michelle Phillips... loved them both the same lol. 

I had No idea that she was battling breast cancer for 30 years... that's iron woman territory.

Just now, JoeF said:

Ditto....

My parents recently gave me a handmade wooden box (small - about a foot long, and 4 inches high and deep) that once belonged to my great grandfather and ended up in our house in the 70s.  The reason they gave it to me is because when you open it, written on the inside of the lid is "Olivea (sic) Newton-John is the best!"

I wrote it when I was 7-years-old.  

That same year, I remember flipping sh!it when the first present I opened for Christmas was an album other than the Grease soundrack (I don't remember what album it was).  I remember my mom scrambling to find the Grease album, which I did still get for Christmas.

Great memories.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Draconator said:

On SiriusXM First Wave Channel, Richard Blade announced her passing, and played Summer Nights. 

Such sad news. Rest in peace.

Why the hell did they play a song from Van Halen's 5150?  Great tune, though!

• Haha (+1) 1

Seemed like a decent person, nice singer from an era when entertainers remembered their job was to entertain- rather than trying to force their political views down our throats. 
She had very rare quality- she could be the most wholesome peaches and cream girl next door, and at the same time be as sexy and desirable as any fantasy pinup girl.  Rest In Peace. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

My parents recently gave me a handmade wooden box (small - about a foot long, and 4 inches high and deep) that once belonged to my great grandfather and ended up in our house in the 70s.  The reason they gave it to me is because when you open it, written on the inside of the lid is "Olivea (sic) Newton-John is the best!"

I wrote it when I was 7-years-old.  

That same year, I remember flipping sh!it when the first present I opened for Christmas was an album other than the Grease soundrack (I don't remember what album it was).  I remember my mom scrambling to find the Grease album, which I did still get for Christmas.

Great memories.

We had that album too and my cousin played it so much when she visited she ended up breaking the needle on my parents record player. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.