First Depth Chart 2022

17islongenough

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Interesting.  I searched the internet and always saw Y as the slot.

It's a bit confusing. In traditional 2 we sets the Y is The TE.

X is the "split end" and plays right up on the line of scrimmage. 

Z plays off the line of scrimmage, and in old school football terms is the flanker, meaning he can go in motion. 

If the Z lines up on the line of scrimmage, he's "covering the TE" and makes the TE an inelligble receiver.

In 3 & 4 wr formations there's a Z and a slot wr, both playing off the line of scrimmage and able to go in motion. 

Edited by Motorin'

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh my God, that's HILARIOUS!! You're so desperate that you change the quote and carefully leave the link off, so nobody can check it? HILARIOUS!!!

Here's the actual quote, the whole thing, with a link so anyone who wants can check it:  "Shakir had a nice day yesterday, I think position 1 for him is probably right now slot as well, but he can play outside, he's got some versatility. I would definitely say we're stronger from a depth point inside than outside, we'll continue to look."

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/howard-and-jeremy-20258/hjs-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-1516265348

Somehow BADOL accidentally left out the part of the quote that is most damaging to his argument. Isn't that a funny coincidence?

Weirdly, he put the whole quote in quotation marks, moved things around to slant it a bit more towards his argument, and left out that part. Shockingly, he forgot to put the ellipses in there to show he left something out.

Anyone surprised he'd deliberately mess up a quote if it served his argument? The guy who, referring specifically to that quote above said, "Just last week Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver"? Anyone surprised? Anyone?

Well, there goes @BADOLBILZ's credibility...if he ever had any.  Well done, Thurman.

We can expect a response full of emojis and ellipses shortly.  Hilarious.

• Like (+1) 2

From Joe Buscaglia's training camp report today:

We’ve heard some rumblings from quarterback Josh Allen that the Bills are working rookie fifth-round draft pick Khalil Shakir in at the boundary receiver positions. But Wednesday was as strong of a confirmation as we’ve seen that Shakir is on the Bills’ minds as a potential backup boundary receiver should anything happen to Diggs or starting receiver Gabriel Davis.

Shakir mainly had been thought of strictly as a slot receiver entering training camp, but he is showing more versatility than what was projected externally. After missing the last two practices with general soreness, Shakir was able to work with the Allen-led offense on Wednesday. Shakir wasn’t exclusively with Allen, but the important thing is they were giving him those reps.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

As I've been saying, develop him outside since they have a need there and have slot covered, unless/until he proves he can't do it.

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I believe Kumerow is one of our better gunners.  If Shakir becomes our primary boundary back up, who would our gunners be?  Assuming this would mean Kumerow gets cut.  And maybe Hodges makes it based on the camp reports.

I'm thinking we will keep 6 WRs and it will look like this:

-Diggs and Davis as the top 2 (obviously)

-McKenzie and Crowder sharing time in the slot

-Shakir as the backup/rotational outside and slot WR, so basically the same role Davis had as a rookie

-One of Kumerow or Austin depending on which special teams skill set the Bills think they can find elsewhere on the roster (if they need a gunner more keep Kumerow, if they need a returner more keep Austin)

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh my God, that's HILARIOUS!! You're so desperate that you change the quote and carefully leave the link off, so nobody can check it? HILARIOUS!!!

Here's the actual quote, the whole thing, with a link so anyone who wants can check it:  "Shakir had a nice day yesterday, I think position 1 for him is probably right now slot as well, but he can play outside, he's got some versatility. I would definitely say we're stronger from a depth point inside than outside, we'll continue to look."

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/howard-and-jeremy-20258/hjs-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-1516265348

Somehow BADOL accidentally left out the part of the quote that is most damaging to his argument. Isn't that a funny coincidence?

Weirdly, he put the whole quote in quotation marks, moved things around to slant it a bit more towards his argument, and left out that part. Shockingly, he forgot to put the ellipses in there to show he left something out.

Anyone surprised he'd deliberately mess up a quote if it served his argument? The guy who, referring specifically to that quote above said, "Just last week Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver"? Anyone surprised? Anyone?

Dude was all over this thread prior to this post

Silence Crickets GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Thinking

Jack Black Nacho GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sweeney outplaying Howard in camp really blows….Still think the offensive depth is really meh all around…. Saturday will be a good gauge of that. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We’ve heard some rumblings from quarterback Josh Allen that the Bills are working rookie fifth-round draft pick Khalil Shakir in at the boundary receiver positions. But Wednesday was as strong of a confirmation as we’ve seen that Shakir is on the Bills’ minds as a potential backup boundary receiver should anything happen to Diggs or starting receiver Gabriel Davis.

Shakir mainly had been thought of strictly as a slot receiver entering training camp, but he is showing more versatility than what was projected externally. After missing the last two practices with general soreness, Shakir was able to work with the Allen-led offense on Wednesday. Shakir wasn’t exclusively with Allen, but the important thing is they were giving him those reps.

I’m really surprised that you haven’t commented on this report @ScottLaw

You should be excited considering that our 5th round draft pick could be filling the void at outside WR depth so we aren’t stuck with Kumerow of Davis or Diggs gets hurt.  Considering how much you talk about the depth there, I figured you’d be showering the board with positivity!Happy Spring Break GIF by HBO

Edited by NewEra

Latest from Joe B-

https://theathletic.com/3496118/2022/08/10/bills-camp-observations-khalil-shakir/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

"Shakir helps fill the Diggs void as Bills shuffle WRs

We’ve heard some rumblings from quarterback Josh Allen that the Bills are working rookie fifth-round draft pick Khalil Shakir in at the boundary receiver positions. But Wednesday was as strong of a confirmation as we’ve seen that Shakir is on the Bills’ minds as a potential backup boundary receiver should anything happen to Diggs or starting receiver Gabriel Davis.

Shakir mainly had been thought of strictly as a slot receiver entering training camp, but he is showing more versatility than what was projected externally."

Looks like @BADOLBILZ was right!

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m really surprised that you haven’t commented on this report @ScottLaw

You should be excited considering that our 5th round draft pick could be filling the void at outside WR depth so we aren’t stuck with Kumerow of Davis or Diggs gets hurt.  Considering how much you talk about the depth there, I figured you’d be showering the board with positivity!Happy Spring Break GIF by HBO

As sure as the sun rises and sets, you can count on the fact that @ScottLaw and @BADOLBILZ will never, ever admit their takes are anything but 100% correct -- and as we've seen in this thread, at least one of them will go to extreme lengths to mislead as well!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, NewEra said:

Meanwhile… around the NFL- 

WR5-9ish

The Bucs are absolutely loaded.

The packers, who have a poor wr1-4 have solid 5-6 with Amari Rodgers, Romeo Doubs then no one.  

chiefs- Josh Gordon, Justin Watson, daurice fountain, Cornell powell, Corey Coleman, Omar bayless.  

chargers:  deandre Carter, Jason moore jr, Joe Reed, Michael bandy, Michael Ffrench 

rams- tutu atwell, Brandon powell, Jacob harris, austin trammel, Landon akers

bengals- Stanley Morgan, Trent taylor, Kwame Lassiter the 2nd, Trenton Irwin, pooka Williams 

broncos- Montrell Washington, Tyrone cleveland, Seth Williams, Travis fulgham

titans- dez Fitzpatrick, racey mcmath, Cody hollister, Mason Kinsey, Josh Malone 

Cowboys- Noah brown, Dennis Houston, TJ vasher, simi fehoko, Kevonte Turpin.

niners- Ray Ray, Malik Turner, Marcus johnson, willie Snead.  

Bills- shakir, austin, Kumerow, Hodgins, Stevenson.  

People here complain about our WR depth.  Fans of every team complain about WR depth….. except the Bucs. 

We’ll be fine.  If someone goes down, Beane, McD and Dorsey will figure it out.  

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… looking forward to seeing how he plays on the outside Saturday….

Still think the depth on offense is very meh/could be a problem. 

Maybe you should wait till he actually plays a regular season game before blowing your load. 😉

Beer Drinking GIF by lilcozynostril

The same can be said for just about every team in the nfl minus TB.  So join the club.  

But do you. 

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The same can be said for just about every team in the nfl minus TB.  So join the club.  

But do you. 

If only the Jets got JuJu last year...they would have been up there with TB's WR as far as depth and skill.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, ScottLaw said:

They’d have a damn good group of receivers. Davis, JuJu, Crowder, and Mims. 

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Jets have an even better group this year… turns out it actuallly matters who’s throwing them the ball😅

Jaylan Waddle had Tua throwing to him.

DJ Moore had Sam Darnold and Cam Newton throwing to him last year.

Denzel Mims....31 catches in the last two seasons.  

Crowder on the Jets....damned good group of WR.

Crowder on the Bills....meh.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Mims has been a disappointment and Crowder was hurt for much of last season and I’m a Crowder fan…. the Jets never signed JuJu… I think the Bills have a good starting WR corps… is it top 5 in the league? No. I’d say outside top 10 looking in…. The concern is if Davis/Diggs get hurt it becomes a pretty mediocre unit due to lack of depth ATM. 

Pretty much every team in the league of they lose their #1 and #2 WR, they will be hurting.  See @NewErapost.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well the Bills had Gabe Davis as their back up in case of injury to Sanders last season…and vice versa….now they have Jake Kumerow so they’ve gotten worse….and not all depth is created equal for every team. 

Good grief, how many times do ppl need to repeat that Shakir is VERY likely to serve as the "main backup", but we have others not named Kumerow who will get snaps outside.

Kumerow is a backup on a depth chart that means absolutely jack right now.  Just like last season, he was listed as a main backup outside...repeat did NOT translate to meaningful snaps.  He might not even make the roster this yr, certainly not a lock....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.