First Depth Chart 2022

17islongenough

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ain’t no doubt bro. OL depth is probably the weakest of all. NFL units atm.  

I always believed it's because the OL is such a visibly negative position.

If you judged all the DL players on let us say sacks, there would be a lot of players left wanting.

It's a thankless position for even an average player.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is no "could be"...........he is listed as I said he would be.

It's his job to lose and there isn't exactly much competition.

No wonder Beane is still looking. 

We know Beane is looking? Please show something that backs it up.

I forgot how important this 1st depth chart is (roll eyes 🙄).

We do know that Spencer Brown is the starting RT, when healthy.  Just as we know Shakir will be the primary backup outside.  Kumerow is on the outside looking in, if Hodgins keeps it up

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we keep 6 CBs either. Not sure who would be cut (5 last year), as this group of 6 is strong. Tre, Dane, Elam, Neal, Taron, Benford. 

This looks like a 100% chance of keeping 6 CBs. How could they cut one of those 6 in favor of some fringe STs guy? With Tre still rehabbing? No way. 

I GUESS Benford could be cut but does he survive waivers to come back on the PS? Probably depends on preseason performance. And I'll bet the Bills aren't willing to risk losing him.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

This looks like a 100% chance of keeping 6 CBs. How could they cut one of those 6 in favor of some fringe STs guy? With Tre still rehabbing? No way. 

I GUESS Benford could be cut but does he survive waivers to come back on the PS? Probably depends on preseason performance. And I'll bet the Bills aren't willing to risk losing him.

No chance.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Obviously I agree. Benford seems to be on the McBeane trajectory (under-the-radar 3rd day pick who just thrives in this culture). But I like to try to understand opposing arguments. 

Which makes it an almost certainty that we keep 6CBs unlike last year. So that begs the question, what other position sees less compared to last year. I think we keep 1 less DE, and it appears that Mike Love may be the fall guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the emergence of Hodgins, that likely opens up a new can of worms. No way do you put Shakir on the PS. Austin is currently on the #1 PR list, and Kum is a ST player. At 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

The last 3 seem to be a toss up depending on what McD values the most. If McD thinks he can get PR value from Shakir or McKenzie, then Austin is likely getting cut. Kum is nothing but a ST player at this point, but so is Taiwan and he still manages to make the team every year in spite of that. I guess it’s possible Shakir gets the phantom IR tag, but I think that would be a mistake as I think he can contribute this year. Are we sure that Hodgins is a certainty? Being behind Davis on the depth chart makes it appear so, but who knows. So if that is the case, then that gives us. 

Diggs 

Davis

McKenzie 

Hodgins

I’m not convinced Crowder is a lock now because of the emergence of Hodgins, which is very surprising given that just a few weeks ago, most were writing Hodgins off. I don’t think we keep 7 WRs, given that our o-line has had issues and because of it, we might keep an extra guy there this year on the roster. 

The other 2 WR I feel are total toss ups at this point. I severely doubt Shakir gets the ax before a WR like Crowder, so either Shakir stays, or gets IR tag. 

Given that Austin is #1 of the PR designation, that likely means he barely survives the cut, so at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised that Kum is on the outside looking in. Crowder as well if Shakir doesn’t go to IR. 

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we keep 6 CBs either. Not sure who would be cut (5 last year), as this group of 6 is strong. Tre, Dane, Elam, Neal, Taron, Benford. 

I don’t see how he makes the roster though.

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Hodgins (Tavon, TD J) 

If you go with your 6 WRs, who returns kicks? I cant see both Shakir and Hodgins making it, but who knows maybe Crowder is the surprise camp cut.

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If you go with your 6 WRs, who returns kicks? I cant see both Shakir and Hodgins making it, but who knows maybe Crowder is the surprise camp cut.

McKenzie likely returns kickoffs and Tavon likely does punts. The more I think of it, Crowder maybe the surprise cut, given Hodgins emergence. 

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With the emergence of Hodgins, that likely opens up a new can of worms. No way do you put Shakir on the PS. Austin is currently on the #1 PR list, and Kum is a ST player. At 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

The last 3 seem to be a toss up depending on what McD values the most. If McD thinks he can get PR value from Shakir or McKenzie, then Austin is likely getting cut. Kum is nothing but a ST player at this point, but so is Taiwan and he still manages to make the team every year in spite of that. I guess it’s possible Shakir gets the phantom IR tag, but I think that would be a mistake as I think he can contribute this year. Are we sure that Hodgins is a certainty? Being behind Davis on the depth chart makes it appear so, but who knows. So if that is the case, then that gives us. 

Diggs 

Davis

McKenzie 

Hodgins

I’m not convinced Crowder is a lock now because of the emergence of Hodgins, which is very surprising given that just a few weeks ago, most were writing Hodgins off. I don’t think we keep 7 WRs, given that our o-line has had issues and because of it, we might keep an extra guy there this year on the roster. 

The other 2 WR I feel are total toss ups at this point. I severely doubt Shakir gets the ax before a WR like Crowder, so either Shakir stays, or gets IR tag. 

Given that Austin is #1 of the PR designation, that likely means he barely survives the cut, so at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised that Kum is on the outside looking in. Crowder as well if Shakir doesn’t go to IR. 

There’s no chance Shakir is anywhere but on our roster.  He’ll suit up and be active in every game that he’s healthy.

Austin being the #1 punt guy right know doesn’t mean much.  If he can’t produce as a WR, he’ll be cut and we’ll find someone else to return punts imo.  

locks-

Diggs

Davis,

mckenzie

Shakir

Bubble-

crowder

kumerow

austin

Hodgins

stevenson (I’d just IR him). 

among the bubble guys, I think Kumerow has the least chance of being cut due to his role on ST and as an outside Wr.  

Do we keep 6 or 7?  Likely 6 if we keep 6 CBs.  Or maybe we finally get part ways with Taiwan.

The questions that need to be answered from here on out:  Can anyone else become a dependable punt returner?  Will we keep Taiwan?  How good is Hodgins on ST and is he capable of playing outside WR?  Can Austin show that he is a capable WR, not just a punt returner?  Can Crowder stay healthy and can he show some of the juice he’s shown prior to joining the Bills?

jmo

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s no chance Shakir is anywhere but on our roster.  He’ll suit up and be active in every game that he’s healthy.

Austin being the #1 punt guy right know doesn’t mean much.  If he can’t produce as a WR, he’ll be cut and we’ll find someone else to return punts imo.  

locks-

Diggs

Davis,

mckenzie

Shakir

Bubble-

crowder

kumerow

austin

Hodgins

stevenson (I’d just IR him). 

among the bubble guys, I think Kumerow has the least chance of being cut due to his role on ST and as an outside Wr.  

Do we keep 6 or 7?  Likely 6 if we keep 6 CBs.  Or maybe we finally get part ways with Taiwan.

The questions that need to be answered from here on out:  Can anyone else become a dependable punt returner?  Will we keep Taiwan?  How good is Hodgins on ST and is he capable of playing outside WR?  Can Austin show that he is a capable WR, not just a punt returner?  Can Crowder stay healthy and can he show some of the juice he’s shown prior to joining the Bills?

jmo

Honestly, this has been the most confused I’ve been in a while when it comes to the direction of our final roster. We could go so many ways with this depending on what McD values the most. I agree, I just don’t see how Shakir is left of the roster, although I guess it’s possible he gets IR if for whatever reason McD wants Crowder. I’m not sure Crowder is a lock like some people list him as. I agree with you that he’s on the bubble and could be a cut. 
Hodgins is behind Davis on the depth chart, I mean it could mean nothing, but I just find that as an eye opener. It could mean nothing, but who knows. I would have to imagine a punt returner is more important than a ST player like Kumerow. I just don’t see how he makes the team unless McD feels like McKenzie can do punt returns. Because of that, I have Austin higher chances of making the team over Kumerow. 

I doubt Benford gets to go to PS either with how much it appears McD likes him, which is another monkey wrench this year. That likely means 6 CBs is a lock. Which means sadly 6 WRs is likely unless like you said, Taiwan gets the ax, but that appears unlikely either. This year is so weird in a good way. 
Benford, Shakir, and Hodgins have made these camp decisions very difficult. 

As of now, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the 6 we roll with. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Hodgins 

Austin 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Honestly, this has been the most confused I’ve been in a while when it comes to the direction of our final roster. We could go so many ways with this depending on what McD values the most. I agree, I just don’t see how Shakir is left of the roster, although I guess it’s possible he gets IR if for whatever reason McD wants Crowder. I’m not sure Crowder is a lock like some people list him as. I agree with you that he’s on the bubble and could be a cut. 
Hodgins is behind Davis on the depth chart, I mean it could mean nothing, but I just find that as an eye opener. It could mean nothing, but who knows. I would have to imagine a punt returner is more important than a ST player like Kumerow. I just don’t see how he makes the team unless McD feels like McKenzie can do punt returns. Because of that, I have Austin higher chances of making the team over Kumerow. 

I doubt Benford gets to go to PS either with how much it appears McD likes him, which is another monkey wrench this year. That likely means 6 CBs is a lock. Which means sadly 6 WRs is likely unless like you said, Taiwan gets the ax, but that appears unlikely either. This year is so weird in a good way. 
Benford, Shakir, and Hodgins have made these camp decisions very difficult. 

As of now, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the 6 we roll with. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Hodgins 

Austin 

Don’t put so much stock into the first depth chart release.  Shakir won’t be IR’d.  Hodgins is listed as Davis’ backup because Shakir’s primary position is the slot.  Putting him there on the depth chart also puts more pressure on crowder to perform as well.  Shakir is going to get snaps all season imo.  I think he’s going to play some slot and some outside if Diggs or Davis miss time.  I think he could also be our primary punt returner when it’s all said and done. 

Why so much love for Hodgins?  Because of the depth chart?   Kumerow made the team over him the last two years and is a key ST player. Has Hodgins improved that much?  I’ve heard some decent reports, but he’s always been primarily a slot guy.  He ran a 4.61.  Can he play outside?  

If we go with 6 I think its

Diggs

Davis

Dirty

Shakir (Jack of all trades- slot, outside and punt returner)

Kumerow

Crowder

If we keep 7-

Hodgins- if they think he can play ourside

Or Austin if shakir can handle the punt return duties.  

jmo

17 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Quessenberry over Spencer Brown was the shocking one for me.

It can't just be due to injury since Tre is still listed as a starter.

Why? Yesterday was the first day Brown even practiced.  Difference is White is a 4 year pro-bowl starter.  Brown started 10 games was it and played a bit worse as season progressed which in hindsight may have been due to back injury?  At this point it's more about that then anything.

From what I'm reading in articles, Araiza is doing most of the holding lately and sounds like doing a good job of it.  Punting they are about even with maybe Araiza slightly ahead of late.  Biggest issue still though seems to be hang time with Araiza as some are low.  But overall as long as he holds well, they will live with the poor hang times figuring that will improve quickly as he continues to practice.  Could be some nerves to by Araiza knowing he's in a competition.  Cutting Haack would take pressure off, may see a quick improvement then.  Wouldn't shock me to see Haack being a somewhat early cut maybe after pre-season game #2

12 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Should be putting zero stock into this 

I'm inclined to agree. I would like to know where this chart came from? It's not on https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart, it's not on either of the Bills' official Twitter accounts, FaceBook page, or anywhere on their official site that I could find.

Perhaps this has been discussed further up-thread, but this looks like someone grabbed the Bills logo, and made this up..... right?

Or have I missed something.

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm inclined to agree. I would like to know where this chart came from? It's not on https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart, it's not on either of the Bills' official Twitter accounts, FaceBook page, or anywhere on their official site that I could find.

Perhaps this has been discussed further up-thread, but this looks like someone grabbed the Bills logo, and made this up..... right?

Or have I missed something.

Yeah I checked bb.com yesterday after it was released and didn't see it there.  Thought that was odd.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.